Why is it so hard to find someone to dive with.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The local dive shops in Dayton are to "clickish" but thanks for the advice.

Word. Pittsburgh is no different. I avoid the shops there like the plague. I'll get better prices online and can avoid the snarky attitudes.

I am saddened by your unfortunate interration with your local dive centers... wish you were local to me so I could show you what a properly run dive center is like...

sorry your lds doesnt deserve your support.

So did the OP actually find any local dive buddies and did he go diving with them? :popcorn:

So did the OP actually find any local dive buddies and did he go diving with them? :popcorn:

I do not know if he dove with anyone...but I do know that he hasn't logged on to SB for awhile...
Last Activity
November 2nd, 2010 12:21 PM

Which is sad...because I have met a lot of great people from Scubaboard. I've dove with some here locally and some where I was many miles away from home! It's a great way to network with people that have a passion for diving.

I do not know if he dove with anyone...but I do know that he hasn't logged on to SB for awhile...
Last Activity
November 2nd, 2010 12:21 PM

Which is sad...because I have met a lot of great people from Scubaboard. I've dove with some here locally and some where I was many miles away from home! It's a great way to network with people that have a passion for diving.

That's a shame that OP has not logged on. I hope it's cause work is keeping OP busy and not some personal or medical issue that prevents OP from diving.

I agree with you that SB is a great site to network and meet divers. SB opened up many dive opportunities for me.

I am saddened by your unfortunate interration with your local dive centers... wish you were local to me so I could show you what a properly run dive center is like...

sorry your lds doesnt deserve your support.

Agreed. You run a great operation at the shop and quarry.

I am glad this post has been resurrected and its nice to know it has worked well for people. Thanks for all the support. Just because schedules don't always allow for me to go diving doesnt mean I don't want too go. I have been ripped a few times in this thread because I was not able to fit diving into my schedule. I would still like to find and hoping to find some dive buddies.

elsdiven, Post any dates and locations that do fit into your schedule, and I'm sure there will be takers out there willing to meet up with you. Give it a shot.

I am glad this post has been resurrected and its nice to know it has worked well for people. Thanks for all the support. Just because schedules don't always allow for me to go diving doesnt mean I don't want too go. I have been ripped a few times in this thread because I was not able to fit diving into my schedule. I would still like to find and hoping to find some dive buddies.

Hey!! Glad to see you back. Nwohiodiver and myself are planning on diving Gilboa Sunday. Think you can make it?

I have been ripped a few times in this thread because I was not able to fit diving into my schedule.
And frankly, I don't think you were ripped for not being able to fit diving into your schedule, but rather for not responding to offers to go diving. You missed some nice dives today.

Back
Top Bottom