Why is it so hard to find someone to dive with.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because Rick, it's NOT all about YOU. :eyebrow:
WHAT?! Being an only-child I've always assumed that life is a movie and I'm the starring role. You just shattered my illusion! Now, where's Camera 1? I'm going to do a fully-geared-up head-first dive off the top deck of the Great Lakes Diver... How's my hair look? (I call this maneuver The Rick, by the way - if I ripple my split-fins on entry they create quite a splash!)

Great Randy now you poked the bear. Those of us who train under Rick will be abused for the next 3 weeks. He will "remind" us over and over and over and over again that it IS all about him.

Perhaps the post topic should be renamed "Why do people find it so hard to get me out diving with them?" :confused:

I have to entirely agree.
Tried on multiple occasions along with a couple other members here and no response or divetime.

On the other hand...I've made some really good dive buddies in the process!
Anybody up for White Star this weekend? Rich has events both Sat & Sun. (Free air if you help on Sunday I've heard!)

Ryan.:cool2:

Ryan,
Dave and I got in a dive at GQ today and are talking about diving again next weekend. Maybe Whitestar.

I am grateful for the original post. I can't believe it is now an 8 page thread! I have met some great buddies and got to make an additional 25 dives this summer locally. It allowed me to gain experience and improve my diving skills. I can always use both, no doubt there.

Ryan,
Dave and I got in a dive at GQ today and are talking about diving again next weekend. Maybe Whitestar.

White Star would be great!
I'm toying with the Marine City outing on the St. Clair on Saturday...up for that then WS on Sunday for Buoy Day? I'd love to make it a double this weekend!
Either way...All options are open!

I am grateful for the original post. I can't believe it is now an 8 page thread! I have met some great buddies and got to make an additional 25 dives this summer locally. It allowed me to gain experience and improve my diving skills. I can always use both, no doubt there.

Same here Dave...I couldn't agree more!
As a newer diver, who's worked up through my AOW this summer as well...those who I've met on here have helped me to gain said experience and confidence as well as make what I hope to be lasting friendships for many dive outings in the future!
Just wish I would have been able to make that MnG!
Thanks all!

Perhaps the post topic should be renamed "Why do people find it so hard to get me out diving with them?" :confused:
I have to entirely agree.
Tried on multiple occasions along with a couple other members here and no response or divetime.

On the other hand...I've made some really good dive buddies in the process!
Anybody up for White Star this weekend? Rich has events both Sat & Sun. (Free air if you help on Sunday I've heard!)

Ryan.:cool2:

Nice attitude!. I am glad everyone has enjoyed this post.

Nice attitude!. I am glad everyone has enjoyed this post.

I believe everyone here wants you to come out and dive with them. Have you had a chance to meet up and/or dive with any local GLWC divers?

The GLWC is a friendly group. When I was in Gilboa in May, I met Ber and Randy both from GLWC. Give GLWC a chance, they are a good group.

I believe everyone here wants you to come out and dive with them. Have you had a chance to meet up and/or dive with any local GLWC divers?

The GLWC is a friendly group. When I was in Gilboa in May, I met Ber and Randy both from GLWC. Give GLWC a chance, they are a good group.

The GLWC group are a bunch of bad people. Everytime I hang out with the group, I end up gaining 5-6 pounds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom