Why is it so hard to find someone to dive with.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am glad this post has been resurrected and its nice to know it has worked well for people. Thanks for all the support. Just because schedules don't always allow for me to go diving doesnt mean I don't want too go. I have been ripped a few times in this thread because I was not able to fit diving into my schedule. I would still like to find and hoping to find some dive buddies.

We are always diving, elsrdiven. I'm SURE it'll fit to your schedule. Like Barracuda2 says, just let us know.

My LDS is planning a 3 day camp out at Natural Springs this weekend. I don't know which day(days) i will be attending. Still up in the air. probably Friday night and Saturday. The OP is welcome as always.

Portage at noon works for me.
Their website claims 50 to 70 ft vis. Is that for real?

I've seen it once EARLY on a Saturday morning. I saw things in the quarry I didn't know existed and I'd been diving Portage for over 15 yrs at the time.

My experience with internet dating, er, meeting up with dive buddies from ScubaBoard. Last week I PM’d Pelagic-by-Nature asking if I could join the group going to Gilboa Sunday. I warned him I was a new diver with all new gear and would probably need some help. Response was “Heck, yeah. We’re meeting at 1100”. I met up with Pelagic, nwohiodiver and his friend. After meeting everyone we were off to the quarry. Nwohiodiver loaned me a hood so I wouldn’t freeze. Thanks! Pelagic helped me with my weighting and led me around the quarry. I had a great time and Pelagic took some video of us on the school bus feeding the fish which I was able to link for my kids. They thought their dad looked pretty cool. I had a great time and I’m glad I went. Thanks guys!

My experience with internet dating, er, meeting up with dive buddies from ScubaBoard. Last week I PM’d Pelagic-by-Nature asking if I could join the group going to Gilboa Sunday. I warned him I was a new diver with all new gear and would probably need some help. Response was “Heck, yeah. We’re meeting at 1100”. I met up with Pelagic, nwohiodiver and his friend. After meeting everyone we were off to the quarry. Nwohiodiver loaned me a hood so I wouldn’t freeze. Thanks! Pelagic helped me with my weighting and led me around the quarry. I had a great time and Pelagic took some video of us on the school bus feeding the fish which I was able to link for my kids. They thought their dad looked pretty cool. I had a great time and I’m glad I went. Thanks guys!

Bob, glad you had a good time.

NW and Pelagic are great dive buds.

But beware! Those quarry trips can be addictive!

Boy I too find myself in the same position. I have always wanted to dive but for certain reasons was unable to, time and money. Now I have the $$ and I own the business so I can make the time but no one to dive with..:-(

My girlfriend wont go in the water past her ankles and my buddies just aren't in the same position as myself. The main reason is that I am up in Manitoba, Canada and the diving up here is crappy at best so you need to travel to get some nice conditions so it gets costly.

I have been making regular trips down to Key Largo 4 or 5 times a year to dive but always need to dive with the shop and hire the DM. We have become buds but it's still not quite the same, there are always other divers as well that need supervision of some sort. Plus it feels more like business than pleasure.

I am pretty much willing to travel anywhere to dive and meet people. I am a super safety conscious guy who I'd like to think is pretty level headed and just a plain nice guy so if anyone is in The Keys areas I'm heading down on the 13th of July for a week. Should anyone wanna join me please feel free to shoot me an email.

I should also mention that I am just in the beginner/intermediate stage.

Thanks

Rick

rmichaelwahl@gmail.com

Ozwald, Put the weekend of Oct. 14-16 on your calendar and show up at Gilboa Quarry for the GLWC Meet & Greet. That decision will change your world of diving contacts and activities. You will meet 30 to 50 enthusiastic divers who are just good people and make connections that will last a lifetime. I'm a lot older than the entire group, but they have accepted me as one of them from the get-go. Because of this group, I've been on some great trips and had some really fun times in the last few years. You will not regret spending the weekend with us---guaranteed!

Boy I too find myself in the same position. I have always wanted to dive but for certain reasons was unable to, time and money. Now I have the $$ and I own the business so I can make the time but no one to dive with..:-(

My girlfriend wont go in the water past her ankles and my buddies just aren't in the same position as myself. The main reason is that I am up in Manitoba, Canada and the diving up here is crappy at best so you need to travel to get some nice conditions so it gets costly.

I have been making regular trips down to Key Largo 4 or 5 times a year to dive but always need to dive with the shop and hire the DM. We have become buds but it's still not quite the same, there are always other divers as well that need supervision of some sort. Plus it feels more like business than pleasure.

I am pretty much willing to travel anywhere to dive and meet people. I am a super safety conscious guy who I'd like to think is pretty level headed and just a plain nice guy so if anyone is in The Keys areas I'm heading down on the 13th of July for a week. Should anyone wanna join me please feel free to shoot me an email.

I should also mention that I am just in the beginner/intermediate stage.

Thanks

Rick

rmichaelwahl@gmail.com

Greetings elsrdiven Get to the GLWC Meet & Great!
Get on Face Book and join Ohio Quarry Divers group and the GLWC group!
Buddies will be a lot easier to find!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Back
Top Bottom