Why is there a snap on the long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Why is there a snap on the long hose?

On what seems to be called DIR rigs (but I do not know if it is DIR), there seems to be a snap near the second stage on the long hose reg.

Why?

To clip it off when it is not in your mouth . . . usually on the boat so it doesn't get in the way, ie fall on the ground and get harmed. . . well thats what I USE IT FOR. . .

When you switch regs and use the one on your necklace, you clip the long one off on your shoulder d-ring.

It's also used to clip it off to the right chest d-ring during deco or gas switches.

Instead of wasting a snap link, I connected a large o-ring (recycled tank neck o-ring) in place of the link. I then use a double ender when I need to clip off the primary.

Instead of wasting a snap link, I connected a large o-ring (recycled tank neck o-ring) in place of the link. I then use a double ender when I need to clip off the primary.

Where do you keep the double ender when you DON'T need to clip off the primary?

Where do you keep the double ender when you DON'T need to clip off the primary?

Connecting his tank bangers to his tank light. . .

Connecting his tank bangers to his tank light. . .

Hey now ...awap is the king of DIY so you have to give him credit!!!

Actually that is lighter, and I have wondered the same thing. That clip could be irritating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom