Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D I stole the name. :blinking:Hubby is into Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. He set it up for both of us to use. I posted a few too many posts for him and he said I "highjacked" the identity:14: and set up a seperate one for himself.

The Avatar wellll I got upset with the way some of the posters were being treated. I made some suggestions about communicating in a more positive/polite way which were obviously not appreciated so I decided to withdraw. Someone PM'd me about the changes to a friendlier/politer approach and I decided to give SB another try because I really like some of the people I have met here but I am not fully out of my shell yet.

That said, my signature becomes obvious!

K9 is short for canine, but you all knew that already....
Pig just another name for police officer...
Thus K9Pig means canine cop/officer, which I've been for six years now and my partners name is K9 "Baron"

Screen name is my screen name for everything public. I can't remember more than one.

Avatar is a pit bull puppy from a litter my stepdaughter dropped on our doorstep. I use it for my homebrew label when I bother to label my beer. (Howling Puppy Ale)

My screen name is the one I use for just about everything. I live in Delray Beach, FL and I've played the bagpipes for 30 years or so. I still take lessons, by the way. My teacher is 84 years old.

My sig line comes from bagpiping where it is said if you learn a tune too fast, you will lose it forever. Same with traditional martial arts, which I have also studied for over 30 years, if you go too fast, you never learn properly.

The mermaid; I collect them and one of these days I'll catch one.:wink:

My screen name is in reference to the greatest show of all time, Futurama. I am a big music/music theory nerd as well, so it just seemed to fit well.

My avatar is part of the logo for my recording studio, "Maniacal Kitty Studios."

CBulla - me, hello :D standard network first initial and last name. I'm a SysAdmin, soooooo.. :)

Awww... look at my Av.. wouldn't ya couldn't ya just enjoy diving wth a feller like me :D

look at my Av . . . :D
Aughh! My eyes! My eyes!

The goat's a tip o' the hat to Haldane, the Scot who experimented on goats to derive the math on which the dive tables are based. But remember: an unexploded goat is not a guarantee of a safe dive profile.

-Bryan

CBulla - me, hello :D standard network first initial and last name. I'm a SysAdmin, soooooo.. :)

Awww... look at my Av.. wouldn't ya couldn't ya just enjoy diving wth a feller like me :D
Yours was the first av that I adblocked (though not nearly the last). Nothin' personal, I just wouldn't know how to explain it to someone looking over my shoulder.

Although the origin of frogman_5 would seem pretty obvious, my use of it comes in a very personal manner and round-about fashion. The original frogman in the family was my younger brother, lost in an accident.

My avatar is a picture of my boat, the Irish Wake, put in a vise and squeezed down small enough to fit in the space provided!

:D I stole the name. :blinking:Hubby is into Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. He set it up for both of us to use. I posted a few too many posts for him and he said I "highjacked" the identity:14: and set up a seperate one for himself.

The Avatar wellll I got upset with the way some of the posters were being treated. I made some suggestions about communicating in a more positive/polite way which were obviously not appreciated so I decided to withdraw. Someone PM'd me about the changes to a friendlier/politer approach and I decided to give SB another try because I really like some of the people I have met here but I am not fully out of my shell yet.

That said, my signature becomes obvious!

Glad you came back, I love your very well insightful posts and I think you are a very sweet person! :hugs:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom