Wife doesn't know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Murdock325
BUT... that would NOT be a good thing to bring up, hahaha.
Boy howdy! You'd better suck up to her sincerely and without any thought of attempted justification... face it, me lad, ye're in fer it!
Now suck it up and get in there and beg!
Rick

Murdock325,

Yes your a very bad person and did a very bad thing. (Think that's already been stated). What it sounds like you need to do is work on your communication skills, allot. This may seem minor and insignificant but it does lead to bad habits.

Ed

I just went back and checked your initial post and discovered what I think is the key to your present and future success...this is born out by another nugget I found in your profile:

You, Murdock, are actually in love with your wife!!!
This is not something that can be feigned successfully ...
Nor in your case, thankfully, hidden...
And I'll wager that she knows you are in love with her...
And this will serve to keep your carcass alive.

Well, while the Mrs and I were getting ready for bed we began talking about a house I looked at (we're looking at getting a new house this Summer). Anyway, it was real nice and all so she was really excited about it... (House was built in 1890, updated, really neat place!)

SO, during a point where she was asking questions about it and so on I did this:

Oh, by the way... I know you don't like talking about scuba stuff but before I forget to tell you, I just wanted to let you know that I'm done shopping for gear for now . Anyway, what were you saying about the house?

Worked like a charm and we went right back to talking about the house. Now when she sees my gear I can just say...

"I told you I had my gear that night we were talking about the house."

Hey... it's not my fault she doesn't want to talk about it, right!?

Yo Murdock,
Tell her now. My bride doesn't care what I buy, as long as I tell her what I'm doing and all the bills are paid. Secrecy breeds distrust and distrust drives a wedge in any relationship. Tell her.:tree: Bob

Well, she actually surprised me... She asked what I wanted for Valentine's day...here's how that went:

Me:
Of course I said, "Another year with you, sweetie."

Her:
Whatever... Now seriously, what do you want?

Me:
Hmmm, a scuba tank would be cool! And just think, it would be like you're there with me giving me my air... how romantic is that!

Her:
Nice try, I'm not buying you scuba gear for Valentine's day. That's YOUR hobby, you buy your own stuff. I have my money for my hobbies, you use your own money for your hobbies.

I got a big smile on my face and said, hmmm... good point honey.

There, mission accomplished!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom