Wife will not let me dive without a dive master..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are indeed "blessed" with a wonderful wife.

The rest of us struggle to justify new gear purchases.... :wink:

Best wishes.

My wife doesn't care. I struggle with it because I'm a cheap Scottsman.

I had been diving a long time when I met my wife so she accepted my diving (even tech) from the beginning.

In all our married life she only denied me two things I wanted, a motorcycle and a monkey.

A MONKEY? I agree with her on that one.

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2014 at 04:55 PM ----------

Mscdex, what quarry are you diving or trying to dive?

My wife also was very concerned about my diving especially when I started as she was very concerned about my safety. When I started she almost could not handle that I was diving. It has gotten better now that I am more experienced, finishing DM class, and she has accepted the fact I love it and am going to dive untill I am unable to do so. I do not do Tech, Wreck penetration or Cave dives so it is Rec dives only with a max depth of 115' to 120' the majority in the under 50' range.

I know a lady that is a DM and is finishing her IDC whose husband can't/won't dive that is there as shore support on every or almost every dive weekend she goes on.

As TS&M said I think you two need sit down and discus what her fears and worries are.

If she does not like cold water that is a great reason to take some warm water dive trips so you can both get more experience. :)

Hey all!

So my wife, friend and I were OW certified last year and i have gone on 4 dives since my checkouts. For some reason she has it in her head that something will happen to me so she refuses to let me dive in the local quarrys without a dive master. Even though I will be diving with a buddy. Have any of you dealt with this? Any tips?

[video=youtube_share;5LGEiIL1__s]http://youtu.be/5LGEiIL1__s[/video]

OP,
There are a few clubs in the area.
Atlantis Rangers Visitors Menu Page
They currently meet in Calverton. I am part of this club, but don't get to a lot of meetings due to distance. Most of us keep in contact through email and dive locally.

I will probably be diving again in the next few weeks. I plan to go to Lake Millbrook in Haymarket, and Lake Rawlings down here in VA. A few members also go to Hydes Quarry fairly regularly. Feel free to contact me if you would like to join us diving sometime.

Ocean Rovers Scuba Club in Frederick
Ocean Rovers Scuba Club

Northern Virginia Dive Club
Virginia Dive Club NOVA ? Virginia Scuba - Northern Virginia's and Metro DC most sought after Recreational and Technical Dive Shop

The Dive Shop in Fairfax hosts Fun Dives at the quarry where they pair you up with another diver. You might be able to arrange a divemaster through the shop for little or no charge for one of these days.
The Dive Shop - Northern Virginia

I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom