wreck fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabear47

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a pair of fins for wreck diving. I was wondering if any one has any suggestions for a pair of fins that dont stir up a lot of silt and are not very long. But still have a decent amount of force.

Scuba Pro Jet Fins.

By the way, fins don't stir up silt. Divers do.

OMS Slipstreams are the same shape as the Jets but neutral, if that's what you need. The Dive Rites are nice too.

OMS Slipstreams are the same shape as the Jets but neutral, if that's what you need. The Dive Rites are nice too.

Note, the OMS Slipstreams are not as stiff as SP Jets. Much more flexible, therefore much less powerful.

Note, the OMS Slipstreams are not as stiff as SP Jets. Much more flexible, therefore much less powerful.

I just got some Slipstreams and I'd say THEY are much stiffer than my Jets.

Scuba Pro Jet Fins.

By the way, fins don't stir up silt. Divers do.

second the vote for SP jets (or turtles, or HOG) because they're slightly negative, and have a solid structure. Also agreed that it's not the fins, it's the diver and how they kick that silt up an environment.

BGF,

If we get your brother to chime in we can get another Spartan avatar in here.

I actually had a shot at some XL Jets but the foot pocket was just a touch smaller than the Slips' and the spring straps were too small for my Chuck Taylor's.

Hope to get to dive with you again this summer?

Back
Top Bottom