Wreckmania 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob,

How come I didn't notice a southern draw? Must not have been paying any attention to what you were saying. :wink:

Although it appears I am not going to ba able to participate in "this year's" Wreckamania I wish the participants well wishes. It sounds as though it will be a bundle of joy and a wealth of knowledge.

The phone test is good. I support Natasha's rules for organized trips like this. When you have a large group getting together for an extended period of time that will be participating in activities together it is crucial they all get along. Although the hone test is not "fool proof" it can give you a sense (gut feeling) of who you are speaking to on the other end.

Awe, Dave, You're just saying that cuz you passed it a few months ago with the upcoming Bonaire Trip..
Oh by the way, the way the phone test works is .. if you passed it once, you're in for life. Unless of course you have a sex change .. then we need to talk.

:gorgeous:

Mom and Walter (or shall we can you Dad? :) ),

any updates? any updates? :bounce:

OK a little update.
I have blocked a whole motel for our group that is right on the beach. It's a darling little place with 2 gas grills and our own swimming pool to use. There's volleyball and beach chairs for those times we're not diving. Most of the units have kitchenettes.
Just a few more last details and we will post prices and take payments.
Sound good?

<Gasp!> :eek:

A Gas Grill? :jump: As in, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, grilled chicken, shish-kabobs, shrimp, baked potato, corn on the husk..... :lunch:

Sandy [tho profile lists "Eating" as an interest...i prefer hobby!]

:balloon:

:thumb: the phone test does not hurt , Natasha is a great person to talk to. I now feel I have a new friend that not only can type but talks too.

Seriously though, I am much relieved to know that this trip is being run by some very concerned and safety conscious people.
I feel more secure that is this going to be a great trip.

Keep up the good work and I don't mind someone handling all the fine details.

Originally posted by Natasha
Oh by the way, the way the phone test works is .. if you passed it once, you're in for life.
So I guess my birthday party counted for me, yes?

Mike:
Meeting face to face (like at your birthday party) makes for a double yes you're in. LoL
Cindy: I feel the same way. This trip is designed to make life long friends. You'll see why soon.
Bob: Did I ever tell you I worked in New Yawk for almost 3 years?Makes me love that southern dawllll even more! ( Not that I don't love New Yawkers too.)

Sorry I've been out of touch, but I was diving one of the wrecks we'll see during Wreckmania 2002. I made 3 dives yesterday with about 25 folks from the Diverlink board (several are also members here). We dived out of Pompano Beach, but this morning several of them were diving again off the boat we've scheduled for July. I dropped by to remind the Captain we'll be taking over his boat then headed over to check out the hotel.

The hotel is a very short drive from the dive boat with the added bonus that it's across the srteet from the beach. There are no buildings on the beach side of this stretch of beach. We'll be right across from a city park where I've made a couple of excellent beach dives in the past.

Things are looking better and better!

SunshineFish, if you call Natasha "mom" and me "dad" I'm afraid Natasha's husband might get the wrong idea.

DSSW,

WWW™

Whew! The phone interview was grueling, but I think I passed!

Just kidding....

Natasha is as much of a delight on the phone as she is on the boards. Thanks again to both you and Walter for puting this thing together!

Getting REALLY excited about this!

Scuba-sass :)

Back
Top Bottom