Wreckmania 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha,

As long as it is not the last week of July, I should be okay. Thanks for all your had work on these trips!

Sandy

Natasha,

I'm interested in joining the Wreck Mania group for part of your diving week. Is that possible? Coming from Gainesville, FL it's a fairly easy trip South. I can take care of the accommodations, could I book on to the boat for two or three days?

Sieger (aka john)

Originally posted by C_C
Please consider me a Wreckmania Wanna'be.

Thanks,

C_C:thumb:

Oh NO...we've been infiltrated by another CWB!!!

Hope you can make the trip :D

Boy! With this many divers we're gonna need a flotilla just to get out to the dive site!

Looks like this is gonna be a good dive...perhaps we can convince LD and KN to join us??????

And Warhammer, where are you in all of this?

I was waiting to post this in the Wreckmania part 2 thread, but since Sieger brought it up here, maybe I will go over some of the specifics Walter and I have talked abut.
We have been in contact everyday.
Our first concern is to give everyone a wonderful trip. That is my job. Like all of you, I like to do a good job at work. Walter is an excellent instructor. He wants to do a good job too.
In order to bring this to you, we have to set up rules and guidelines. I don't want this to sound 'mean' but things have to be run well in order for everything to work the way we want it to.

Read next post ...

Here are some of the specifics.

#1 Not everyone that wants to go on this trip, will be 'cleared' to go. So sorry, don't want to sound mean. But the truth is to run a great trip, sometimes not everyone is allowed to go. I will need to talk to everyone that wants to go on the phone. I will decide if you have been 'cleared' to go. I run all of my trips this way. Yes, you are paying for my service to run this trip. But I am not that money hungry that I will take everyone's money. I want to know I did my job 100% and allowed the right people on the right trip. I have turned people down.
#2 Walter wants the right people on this trip also. He is not money hungry either.
#3 People that are staying at the place we picked out, will first be cleared for the dives.
#4 I am not saying you cannot go on the dives if you are not staying with us. I am saying you will be on a list to go. If there is room after the people that are staying with us are confirmed, you will next to be considered.
#5 This is a package price we will be giving out, and will not be broken down.
#6 There can only be one boss. Guess who it is? (Ok maybe two)
#7 Trust me this will be a well organized, great trip! I don't want to sound like a meanie. But to bring people in from all over the country someone has to be in charge.
Ok let's hear the comments ...

:gorgeous:

Ok looks like I scared everyone off. LoL Come back!
I didn't mean to sound like the Gestapo. Thanks for telling me in PMs.
But as many of you know, not everyone on line is on the up and up. Most people are. I have learned from 4 years of doing group dive trips, and 12 years of doing 'regular' group trips ( vitamin people and retired school teachers to name a few) There has to be guidelines.
I want to be as diplomatic as I can be, with also trying to weed out people that might not be right for the trip.
The only way I can do this is on the phone. I can't meet with everyone first. You don't have to worry about 'saying the wrong thing' could get you bumped off the trip.
But, I will tell you from talking to people first, I have seen men going to just meet single women, other men have shown me their temper on the phone, and various other reasons they might not be 'right' for the trip.
Hope that cleared things up.
Trust me, I want this to be tons of fun and a time we will all remember.
Still love me?
Mom

This is going to be a wonderful trip! We'll have fun diving and we'll have fun when we're not diving. I know it's tough when we'll be forced to spend all our time either diving or relaxing on the beach. We will take a few breaks for barbecues and parties. I feel extremely lucky that we have a professional running the trip. I handled a large group dive trip to Pompano last summer and I wish I'd had guidance from Natasha when I planned and executed it. We had a grand time, but I see how it could have been even better.

Natasha has to have a degree of control to protect everyone on the trip. I need a degree of control of the diving to assure we'll all be safe, have fun and meets all the requirements of the course. We both agree everyone is on the trip to learn to safely dive and penetrate wrecks while having a grand time. Everything Natasha and I do in planning this trip and while on the trip will have either safety, fun or education as our goal, often all three.

Let's go wreck diving! Wreckmania 2002!

DSSW,

WWW™

Hi Mom,

:hiding:

Don't worry. :) This trip will be tons of fun. :balloon: I understand completely where you are coming from - I've been in your shoes many times before. They're not easy shoes to be in though! :wink:

Sandy

Back
Top Bottom