Wreckmania II countdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
I dive low viz quite often. I definately don't want a big light reflecting back in my eyes in low viz.

Not to hijack the thread, but if your big light is tightly focused it's not an issue. I agree that a wide beam powerful light can be counter-productive in low viz situations.

Oh well, enjoy Wreckmania II! :D

Do we have to wear the snorkle or just have it? If I have to wear it I will need to go get a snorkle keeper otherwise I will just stow it.....that is if I can find my snorkle and I don't have to go buy one of those too. :D

Chad

Walter once bubbled...
If you are taking the class, you need to be aware of the requirements.

Required will be: valve

I like this one...Dang! I have the tank but no valve...guess I'm totally screwed on this one:wink:

Have a fun time everyone!

Walter,
Thanks for your input. I am going to be working almost none stop from tommorrow until next Thurs. evening so I needed to get my dive gear out and ready. I always do a gear check before my trips and change batteries, check out o-rings, see if everything is in order. I always have my small Ikelite with me in my BC pocket.
I also have a reel that can be shared if needed.

I have taken over the guest bedroom beds this afternoon laying all the gear out. Looks like I am ready. Now, if the days ahead stay calm at work I will really be ready.

I have a small ladies knife, it is not really much good. So, I will probably bring my shears too as a back-up.

Gotta go, can't wait to meet everyone.

Walter once bubbled...
You don't want a big light.

Well I don't have a big light yet, but because I'm getting a big light, I don't want to go buy a new medium light. I do have a small light.

I think it is a mistake to require a snorkel in wreck standards, but we will follow the standards.

This, however, could pose a problem.

Im just bringing my 2 small lights. I have my hid but havent traveled by air with it yet, so Im just bringing the little ones. Ill leave the hid at home for the great lakes wrecks.

Dave

Hi guys!
Thanks for starting this thread Cindy.
I guess most people don't know we have been in constant communication, with the group in private group emails. Must be time to go public now, eh?
No cook outs this time (very nice resort) but Walter and I do have some suprises planned, that concern food!
The itinerary for the trip will be posted on www.wreckmania.com this week!
Be sure to print it and take it with you.
Can't wait to meet everyone soon.

:sunny:

Lately? Here in Ohio it has yet to hit 70!

I haven't wore shorts yet this year and my white legs will scare everyone!

Dave

The weather forecast is in the upper 80's, like 88 to 89 degrees with the lows at 77-79 degrees. Saturday and Sunday are partly cloudy, then Monday-Wednesday it looks like T-storm possibilities.Still temps are quite warm. Might need a rain jacket also. I checked this on @yahoo under news and weather just after reading your question.

I bought sunblock for my face last night. I normally use spf 15 but I have gone to 30 thinking it will be better. I tan easily, and I don't wear much higher than 15 on my body but I try to keep my face from being overly burned or tanned. I have also got a base started by going to a tanning bed. When I can't get the real rays of sun I get the artificial ones, the warm tanning beds are a great stress reliever too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom