Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minion_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im looking at buying my first wrist computer this spring and i am a little confused on which one is the ideal one for an beginner diver like myself. I would like to have one that i can upload to a computer but im kind of on a low budget for it. I have looked at Cressi, Oceanic, Sherwood, Tusa, and Mares. They all seem to have their good ones and bad ones. Just looking for some help with this choice.

I would suggest if your looking at a simple wrist computer to check out the Subgear XP10.
Its a great computer air/nitrox several alarms you can set, easy software and menus. Its basically the former scubapro prime. Retail I believe is 250. I use the tec2g and the xp10 is almost identical minus the 2 gas feature.

I will try to post a picture soon
NOLA DIVER

also subgear is a secondary line of scubapro so most scubapro dealers will have it, and your buying from a great company.

NOLA DIVER

I use an oceanic veo 200. I'll bring it with me Monday. Oceanic, Aeris, Tusa, Zeagle, etc all make good entry level computers. Price depends on features. If you want Nitrox you will pay a but more but not enough to break the bank. I'm not familar with the Scuba Pro mentioned previously. I can tell you that you willl not find it on line and the closest dealer is 2 hours away from you. There are 2 in the area. One I will deal with and actually use his quarry for training OW divers, my Nav class, and rescue course. The other we will not talk about.
Aeris makes a nice nitrox wrist mount that is under 300 many places.

I use Genesis React Pro

Full Function Air/Nitrox Dive Computer.
50 Dive log book.
Automatic water activation.
Ascent rate indicator.
PC downloadable, up to 250 dives.
Backlit Hydroglow Display for Night Diving
User Changeable Batteries.
Time and Date of day.
Automatic Altitude Adjustable.
Imperial/Metric (user-setting)
Temperature (Surface and Depth)
Depth to 330 feet.

reasonably priced, easy, not too conservative. you may not need Nitrox now , but if you dive much you will.

I've had mine for 5 years and over 150 dives. I have my original "Genesis Resource" air computer as a back up.

There is a lot of good info on other thread that compare deco models of various devices

TC

i plan on getting nitrox cert. this summer so i want something that is nitrox compatible.

WVUdiver1 I have posted a picture of the xp10 and a list of features on the link below, I have alot of experince with wrist computers and am beyond impressed by what this computer has to offer relative to price. This easily does what most 3-5hundred dollar computers do and easily.

NOLA DIVER: Sub Gear XP10

I would suggest if your looking at a simple wrist computer to check out the Subgear XP10.
Its a great computer air/nitrox several alarms you can set, easy software and menus. Its basically the former scubapro prime. Retail I believe is 250. I use the tec2g and the xp10 is almost identical minus the 2 gas feature.
Leisurepro is currently selling the Uwatec Aladin Tec 2g in a 3-gauge console for $300.
One can purchase bungee wrist-mounts from Deep Sea Supply for the compass and Tec 2g and then move the units from the console to the wrist-mounts. Seems to me like a pretty cheap way to get all essential instrumentation.

I'd get a Veo 180-------they're DC'ed(but who cares) now & can get 1 for about 200 bucks, check with Diver's Direct......

Back
Top Bottom