Xcalak - Banco Chinchorro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great point about being misled by 'reps' at the airport. We had been warned about 'reps' misleading you and booking you with someone else, so were leary about asking for assistance. We made sure and asked someone that wasn't 'hawking' some other tour, and luckily the guy didn't mislead us.

I found my ticket, and it was 254 dollars for the week rental, no deductible insurance, and taxes included. I remember the insurance was more than the car rental, but it really came in handy after we were side-swiped in the parking lot.

My son and I went in August, and it really wasn't the ideal time to go either. The diving was great, but just wasn't nearly the fish/sealife we were expecting to see. Seems the water was so warm that time of year, that the water isn't as oxygen rich and the most of the fish are in deeper, cooler water. I'd go back in a heart-beat, but just not in late summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom