Xmas diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BOBBYBALL

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
With a budget of around Ž£2000 where you prefer to go at xmas time for about 1 week.

I have been to Egypt before and fancy somewhere different.

Any advice would be a help.

Thanks Bob.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to General Travel and Vacation Discussions.

With a budget of around Ž£2000 where you prefer to go at xmas time for about 1 week.

Thanks Bob.

A week in one of our Captain's Quarters in Fort Lauderdale would cost $425 and would include tanks, weights and refills. See our website: Home Page. We would take you shore diving as often as you wanted. We dive from the Blue Heron Bridge in West Palm Beach to the Eurojacks off Dania Beach. Check out our pictures at Picasa Web Albums - michael. We can also arrange trips on any of the various dive charters here for $60 for a two-tank dive: usually a 70 - 100 ft wreck and a 60 ft reef. Finally, we offer PADI's dive curriculum through the divemaster level at discounted prices for guests.

Michael
Bridge @ Cordova

Thanks Bob.

From London most people do go to the Red Sea as it is just as close as the Caribbean. Xmas time is big $$ time in Caribbean so expect to pay higher prices and to need to book way in advance as the best places fill up early.
If you want to go to the Caribbean, I would look at Bonaire or Curacao. Since they are both Dutch islands, I think there are easy flights for you to get there from Europe. The diving is very similar at both but the atmosphere is not - Bonaire is a divers paradise on a smalll desert island of cactus and tiny little hotels and nobody there but divers. Curacao is more cosmopolitan with lots of people, city, and more tropical resorts.
Check out:
The Bonaire WebCams - Welcome!
Info Bonaire - The Bonaire Information Site - The Most Current and Up-To-Date Information
Golden Reef Inn Resort--Home
Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles - Scuba Diving and Accommodations - Home Page
Welcome to the Buddy Dive Resort website

robin:D

A few years ago I took the Turks & Caicos Explorer II liveaboard for a week ending on December 24th. The water was still above 80F and the weather was great and so was the diving. I don't know if you can fly into Provo from the UK but I wouldn't be surprised. I'd imagine the land-based resorts would be crowded during the holidays but I bet you'd have no trouble booking the Explorer or Aggressor and fit your budget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom