XT regulator schematic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem with bucking the no parts standard is many shop are not interested in selling regs that do not have to come back to the shop for service.

The problem with bucking the no parts standard is many shop are not interested in selling regs that do not have to come back to the shop for service.

If that's the position the shop wants that's fine with me, I'll just vote with my wallet:wink:. It would be nice to hear from Dive Rite on this matter so we can clear things up.

Hi Everyone,

We have made the decision to no longer offer our service manuals to the general public due to a shift in consumer product involvement and safety. Back in 1997, when Dive Rite first began offering parts and service manuals, our consumer market was small and contained within the technical diving arena. Today, our consumer market is worldwide and includes newly certified divers as well as technical divers. With the economy being what it's been, more and more consumers are buying used gear and trying to service the gear themselves to save money, which makes perfect sense. However, we've had an increasing number of poorly serviced regulators come to us for warranty consideration or for proper service and this raised a valid concern as to the proper operation of the regulator by self-trained individuals.

As a major dive brand in the advanced diving arena since 1984, Dive Rite has thousands of regulators on the market and we have to take into consideration the shift in consumer buying patterns and service capabilities. Obviously, there are divers who are doing their own service (such as you guys on this thread) who will be disappointed with this decision, but given the change in our selling environment, we've opted to take this approach.

Dealers may still purchase parts kits for resale to consumers, however only authorized XT Regulator Technicians will be given the service manual. Divers may opt to carry parts kits in their dive kit for overseas travel and/or for a backup in case their authorized Dive Rite dealer does not have them in stock for service.

I hope this makes sense.
Best,
Kathleen

Very disappointing.

What about offering a class to divers who would like to do there own reg repairs along with the manual? I think it's great that DiveRite will still sell parts but it would be nice to have the manual to go with them(or at least the torque specs).

What about offering a class to divers who would like to do there own reg repairs along with the manual? I think it's great that DiveRite will still sell parts but it would be nice to have the manual to go with them(or at least the torque specs).

I suspect manuals will show up on Frogkick. In the mean time, a little experience and the older manuals will get most DIYers by. BTW, in a quick revies of the DR manuals on Frogkick, I did not see any torque specs (or torque wrenches).

Hi,

I believe we may have classes available. We'll have more information after the holidays.

Thanks,
Kathleen

+ 1 on the reg classes with manual, hopefully at a reasonable price.

I have and have had a lot of DR equipment. I did see the DR XT regs at Amigos and am interested in them, but at this point I will not buy another reg that I cannot get parts and a manual for. I did get certified to rebuild my HOG regs (have 5 sets), do all my own maintenance and plan to continue to do so - no more dive shop blunders.

Hopefully DR will keep supporting the local tech/cave community that helped make them what they are even as they are going "worldwide."

Kathleen,

This only applies to the new XT regs and not the now older 3100 series? In other words, I'll still be able to purchase the 3100 reg rebuild kit myself, correct?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom