You are given a credit card with an infinite amount of money, but can only be used at dive shops. What’s your dream setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too, including prepaid cards.
And those pesky store cards as well.

I really pity the youngsters with all the "easy pay" at online checkouts. Tip from the oldsters: it's not free money, you have to pay later!

You are given a credit card with an infinite amount of money, but can only be used at dive shops.​

How are y'all going to pay for these expensive purchases?

That is a real buzzkill. You must be a lot of fun at parties. :wink:

Good thing fantasies are still free or I'd be bankrupt long ago.

I am more than happy with my gear all of which I bought used, well except for the Freedom plate. If not I would have already replaced it.

More important to me is time to dive followed by places to dive, including being able to travel.

Backmount and sidemount Meg rebreathers. FFM with comms (will have soon). K-01 hood (already have) . Rolocks dry gloves (already have) Deep 6 dry suit. Halo 3D undergarment (already have), and a fill station with O2 booster/trimix.

Me too, including prepaid cards.
Using cash in 2022 leaves lots of extra perks from credit cards on the table. I rarely use cash, but pay off my full balance each month. That way, I get to accumulate airline points, upgrades and cash back that you do not get if you use cash.

Of course, using a credit card does not mean that you don’t still need to stick to your budget/live within your means…

halcyon BP/W, new (blue) 7mm wetsuit with rash guard, hooded vest, and a HP85. scuba pro jet fins. also shirts and hoodies with funny dive sayings on them. bumper stickers. keychains. oh, can't forget a backup computer- I'd get a second teric.

Good thing fantasies are still free or I'd be bankrupt long ago.
Okay lets take a DSV to Bikini Atoll and do some sat diving :wink:

(assuming I dont have to actually pay off the card). Honestly, my basic BP/W is fine. My regs are fine. My fins are fine. I would get an air integrated DC.

I dont necessarily want to add any additional risks to my diving, so no CCR or helium....

As far as gear goes, I would probably buy an expensive camera system.

You only asked for gear.... if I could use the card for trips.... now we're talking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom