You are given a credit card with an infinite amount of money, but can only be used at dive shops. What’s your dream setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't need any new individual bits of dive kit like regs or DCs so after picking up a fleet of Genesis DPVs, I'd pick up a Defiant 80 (Metal Shark Boats) upfitted for extended team diving trips with an on board compressor, all breathing gases, maintenance station, DPV charging rack, etc. Metal Shark's Defiant 80 in base trim is built for sustained periods at sea for a total manifest of 10+ people. So, a crew of three (most likely) leaving the balance for divers. To keep costs down, accomodations would be intentionally austere, galley fare nutritious but simple and divers would assume some onboard crew tasks (with supervision).

1661304524097.png

1661304756852.png

I don't need any new individual bits of dive kit like regs or DCs so after picking up a fleet of Genesis DPVs, I'd pick up a Defiant 80 (Metal Shark Boats) upfitted for extended team diving trips with an on board compressor, all breathing gases, maintenance station, DPV charging rack, etc. Metal Shark's Defiant 80 in base trim is built for sustained periods at sea for a total manifest of 10+ people. So, a crew of three (most likely) leaving the balance for divers. To keep costs down, accomodations would be intentionally austere, galley fare nutritious but simple and divers would assume some onboard crew tasks (with supervision).

View attachment 739537

View attachment 739539
Needs a barbecue unit. Several or a really large one. My wife is an amazing cook (hint hint)

I'd pick up a Defiant 80 (Metal Shark Boats) upfitted for extended team diving trips with an on board compressor, all breathing gases, maintenance station, DPV charging rack, etc.

You aren't thinking big enough. How about an amphibious assault ship set up as a dive tender? Have a 40ft Newton setup to be launched from the welldeck. Have a LCAC for shore trips. A couple of aircraft to extend the reach. Luxurious accommodations for two dozen divers, and long range. :)

I do like the idea of a helo deck aft of the pilot house and elevated free and clear of the RIB’s slipway. Light, twin engine, single rotor for logistics and safety.

For a vessel that big, a med bay with deco chamber would easily tuck in mid-ship below deck.

Oooohh…gym - gotta have a functional fitness gym.

Not sure about the LCACs…maintenance tail complications would take away all the fun (helo much easier).

I'd take exactly what I have now:
Bare Reactive 7mm semi-dry wetsuit
HP 100's
Apeks DST's with atx100 seconds
metric SPGs
Shearwater predator
Kanata 2 sidemount rig
Turtle Fins
I'd upgrade my camera from a Sealife Dc1200 to something more exotic

For a vessel that big, a med bay with deco chamber would easily tuck in mid-ship below deck.

Oooohh…gym - gotta have a functional fitness gym.

Not sure about the LCACs…maintenance tail complications would take away all the fun (helo much easier).

Gym? Heck you can have a full spa on top of a large gym. But yeah a deco chamber is a must for the med bay.

Substantially reduced hanger deck, vehicle storage, and without having the berthing for the Marines would free up a ton of space.

I just want a hovercraft. Those were all high tech when I was a kid.

But yeah a deco chamber is a must for the med bay.

Why have just a chamber? How about a bell launched through a moonpool to pick you up at your decompression stop that transfers you to the chamber under pressure? I would NEVER climb a ladder again.

Why have just a chamber? How about a bell launched through a moonpool to pick you up at your decompression stop that transfers you to the chamber under pressure? I would NEVER climb a ladder again.

I was thinking more SCUBA and less commercial diver. Besides you can't take such a large ship that close to reefs and stuff. So all the diving would be from the 40ft Newton launched from the well deck. But having a diver lift would be a good idea.

Also that is a good consideration, repositioning the medbay so that it can easily be accessibly either no ladders or having an elevator from both the well deck and from the flight deck.

Diverite Optima and choptima RB.. you know, for redundancy with Shearwater electronics, including HUD and those tasty Solid State O2 sensors and Poseidon bailout kit, lightweight tanks, etc

2x CudaX Exploration scooters. Boat? Who needs a boat.

2x Pegasus thruster packages for dives where that CudaX would be too much hassle

2x Poseidon Xstream black reg sets

...and just for good measure, a compressor with a membrane system and a large bank, along with 10 or 20 t-bottles full of helium. Booster, class 2 containment system (HPE4500-2 or similar), other accessories.

a coke, the mexican one with sugar instead of corn syrup.

Back
Top Bottom