You know you're a COLDWATER diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you cannot make rude gestures at your buddy.

It's also a mite tricky to count properly. "one, two, uh... three? five?"

I usually make do with one, two and five, five being a closed fist (AKA the 'hold' signal in warmer waters)

When you constantly say "its shrinkage" really!

My Alaskan friend Ursa (aka "Snowbear") on her first trip to Puget Sound ... "This warm-water diving is so nice"

Water temp at the time was 48 degrees F ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ever tried 6mm or 7mm 3-fingers? :D

EDIT: I'd say "When switching to 5mm gloves gives you greatly improved dexterity" :wink:

Used the old unisuit 3finger mitts and 7mm gloves which is why I settled for the 5mm gloves best compromise for diving here. I used them yesterday with my wet suit my feet were cold before my hands.

When you have dove above the arctic circle and below the antarctic circle.

When you can't stop dreaming about ice diving.
When the truck got stuck in the snow 3 times getting to the dive site.

Or you drive home in your undergarments. It is interesting to see all the looks you get when a group of four men walk into diner wearing what looks like one piece jamies. Or in the case of the guy wearing a weezel, a man wearing a sleeping bag.

You mean wearing my tan cargo shorts with the black long johns, tan wool socks, red under armor shirt, long dive jacket and a baseball cap isn't a good look? I am shocked! :) Love the looks when I roll in to get a coffee or something on the way to a dive site and people are like "are you crazy?!" I just say, "no I am a diver" :)

You mean wearing my tan cargo shorts with the black long johns, tan wool socks, red under armor shirt, long dive jacket and a baseball cap isn't a good look? I am shocked! :) Love the looks when I roll in to get a coffee or something on the way to a dive site and people are like "are you crazy?!" I just say, "no I am a diver" :)

You forgot your Crocks :D

You forgot your Crocks :D

On the way to or from the divesite, in undergarments, is the only occasion I'm liable to be seen wearing crocs in public. I actually bought my first (and only) pair of crocs one and a half size too big, because I couldn't fit my feet into my Adidas slippers when I was wearing my thick wool socks.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Back
Top Bottom