YOUR Leisure Pro Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K:
Unless I misunderstood, Evad indicated he thought his criticisms could apply to a lot of reputable shops.

True, if it turned out LP's tech(s) is/are unqualified, or incompetent, or dishonest -- preponderance of evidence, not just a particular allegation -- then that may have a bearing.
--Marek

I didn't think the LP tech was unqualified, incompetent, or dishonest, just rushed.
He actually was a nice guy.

I want to spend my hard working money on either quality service or price. Do you think what the most primary concerns to the divers who are in the shopping market are, specially online purchase? They including myself only concerns about the price and quality service. LP is NOT my LDS. I don’t care what kind of religion they have, what kind of race they are, what kinds of gear source they have, and what kind of attitude they have. LP has already satisfied the price all the time. I think it provides a tendentious impact to the scuba market. At least we can imagine how much some greedy LDS makes a profit on the scuba gear. But, the price won’t be the sole champion factor alone. There is a complexity of scuba gear. Maybe, that is the reason why life isn’t easyJ If LP fails to provide the quality service on the technical gear, LP fells into the unprofessional shop that is only good for the scuba accessory stuff. If it is their business model, that’s fine with me. We just walk away from them for any technically related gears.

Breathe! Never hold your breath!

So far, we have seen the great model of scuba business. It is Larry’s SCUBATOYS.COM (No, I am not a flatter). Why? He has provided the competitive price and quality service on the gear that he sold. Do you know his last name? Have you ever seen him personally? Nope! I hope he keeps the same attitude for a long time. However, there are some brands Larry cannot match the price (it isn't master card commercial), for example ScubaPro, etc…. And, there are some divers having tighter budget than you expected. Don’t know any student divers or blue collar divers? That’s the reason why I am very careful to shop over there because I have no clues.

So, LET’S FIGURE OUT THEIR SERVICE QUALITY BEFORE MAKING OUR OWN DECISION!

P.S.

Marek, thanks. You got to the point why we need this discussion.
evad, thanks for sharing your experience.
Kraken, If LP can’t meet our quality standards, we have to go back to LDS whether they are good or bad. So, there is no threat to LDS yet.

Scubadobadoo,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. But, there is one remain of question whether they treat the customers in the same way no matter what they are walk-in and online shoppers. Yes, we are far from TX (ScubaToys) and NY (LP).

scubadobadoo:
Again, I am not writing to defend LP. I am writing to let it be know that I had a positive experience using them and hate it when people slander, especially second hand. If I got bad service I would write that too. That said, I agree that LP employees have very dry personalities. It's all business with them. They have no interest in your personal (for the most part) life or in you knowing about them. They simply aren't for everyone. Particularly the new diver. I will also add that they weren't rude or mean in any way. As a matter of fact, they were more pleasant than SOME LDS's I have visited."

hoosier:
If LP fails to provide the quality service on the technical gear, LP fells into the unprofessional shop that is only good for the scuba accessory stuff. If it is their business model, that’s fine with me. We just walk away from them for any technically related gears.

Interesting...

Um, I'm starting to think maybe you've already made up your mind about LP's professionalism, or lack of it. Yes? Because I haven't. That's why I liked the start of your thread so much.

hoosier:
So far, we have seen the great model of scuba business. It is Larry’s SCUBATOYS.COM

I agree. I'm now a believing regular customer of ScubaToys, too. But not exclusively, because they don't always carry what I'm looking for. And it's inconvenient for me -- and I'm sure for Larry -- to keep e-mailing him to find out what he carries. (I'm seven time zones away, and picking up the phone isn't a good option.)

But, you gotta admit... if it wasn't for guys like LeisurePro, there wouldn't be anyone for guys like Larry to price-match with, would there?
03.gif

(I've often wondered whether Larry makes a decent profit -- whatever that means -- when he price-matches LP... Still, he seems to do it happily enough... and I'm happy enough to take advantage of it!)

hoosier:
Do you know his last name?

As a matter of fact, yes;
04.gif
it's pretty well known, especially if you e-mail him.

hoosier:
Marek, thanks. You got to the point why we need this discussion.

You're welcome. Though I'm not as certain as you seem to be that we've come to any conclusion... Or am I still misunderstanding what you're saying?
06.gif

Cheers!

--Marek

No, absolutely not!

Indeed, I am totally open-minded at this moment. Otherwise, it is a waste time to open this thread. I just want to hear the real experiences or facts, not prejudice or story about LP.

How careless I am! I am also Larry’s customer. I figure his last time after retrieving my email folder. Dumb!

In fact, there is a potential purchase groups even though LP cannot meet the service quality standards. You know who they are?

It is ~~~

an international buyers group who has to pay the higher price with relatively low quality service for the same merchandise. They are highly sensitive to the price rather than the quality service.

hoosier:
I am totally open-minded at this moment.[...]
...even though LP cannot meet the service quality standards.
I'm sorry but I'm still confused...
06.gif
Don't those two statements contradict each other? What standards? And how do we know that LP can't meet them?

--Marek

I'm with you Marek. What are the standards? The last time my gear was serviced...at my LDS...I didn't get a baggy with the old parts. It cost me more than LP charges (granted no shipping costs). I also had to bring back 4 regs because they had faulty parts placed in them and were tuned down too much. And one computer had to be replaced because the tech cracked the battery casing and it was leaking. I can't comment on LP because I've never used them. But I certainly didn't have service quality standards met at this LDS.

Marek K:
I'm sorry but I'm still confused...
06.gif
Don't those two statements contradict each other? What standards? And how do we know that LP can't meet them? --Marek

Let me clear out what I mean. Maybe I mentioned too much about another buying power that we never consider in U.S. But, it is an Internet world….

I mean there are two buyer’s groups: domestic and international. So, there are two perspectives when LP is assessed at the same time.

You and I belong to the domestic group who can deal the LP and expect the annual service by them. No matter where you are, you want to ship out your gear to LP to get it served. So, that is the reason why we dedicate ourselves to this thread to figure out LP’s warranty/repair services. Am I right? Yes, we only want to get the technical viewpoints here, not sales ones.

There is the other group (we never consider) that only wants to purchase the product by online in the relatively cheap price (on condition that the product is brand new and no defective item). They don’t expect any annual services from LP because this group considers that to have their gear serviced in their own countries is easier and cheaper than the international shipping cost or any extra hassles to deal with the language barriers. For example, imagine the customers from non English speaking world or 3rd world. So, this group’s perspective is way much different with the domestic purchasing groups (sales and technical services). They only set their expectation on the sales perspectives (price and shipping). It might be the same perspective at the person who buys the gear from SimplyScuba (Spain) in U.S.

The reason I mentioned this international purchasing group is that LP still can extend their business beyond the accessory supplier even though they fail to provide the appropriate technical service to the domestic purchasing group. Like I said, the international purchasing group doesn’t care the technical services.

Regarding the standard, how can I explain this properly? Let me describe it in this way: It is our expectation in common sense. What do you expect when you ask the annual/warranty service?

1. Get it done correctly the first time: the same quality service that we expect from local technical guys (There is another issue here though depending on your area)
2. Service time period: take one or two months for the simple annual service. It is out of my patience.
3. No redundant hassle: If the serviced gear still has the problem (minor or major), we have to ship it back to fix it (You know we live in busy world. It is a time consuming process and another extra cost for shipping).

I hope this can clear out my points. Sorry for confusing you guys.

hoosier:
Let me clear out what I mean. [....] Sorry for confusing you guys.

OK, that makes sense. You're not saying you've already concluded that LP can't meet service standards, right? You're just saying that even if they can't meet the standards, and/or if they're dealing with overseas customers, then they'd still be a valid sales source.

Correct?

But your thread originally was about their service...

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom