Your Post-Cavern Gear Configuration

What was Your Post-Cavern Cave Class Configuration?

• Single-tank, mostly minimum equipment

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Doubles, but not full cave equipment

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Full Cave equip (per agency req'mts)

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see any reason why you would need mix for a Cave 1 class.

If that is what s/he is used to, why not?

Y'know, some of us do different things because it works for us. TSandM had an "ah-ha" when she was diving air at 100. She said she won't dive there or below without trimix.

I have yet to experience narcosis (instructors / friends agree). But I do prefer to dive nitrox or suck on nitrox at the safety stop, due to subclinical DCS symptoms.

If that is what s/he is used to, why not?

Y'know, some of us do different things because it works for us. TSandM had an "ah-ha" when she was diving air at 100. She said she won't dive there or below without trimix.

I have yet to experience narcosis (instructors / friends agree). But I do prefer to dive nitrox or suck on nitrox at the safety stop, due to subclinical DCS symptoms.

It's a tool. It should be used when it's appropriate.

It's a tool. It should be used when it's appropriate.

Exactly! :eek:k:

I think the other poster believes it is the right tool, for him.

Exactly! :eek:k:

I think the other poster believes it is the right tool, for him.

He hasn't even taken the course yet. It's all Koolaid.

Reactions: Jax
He hasn't even taken the course yet. It's all Koolaid.

His definitive statement to use 30/30 makes it sound like he's taken trimix.

His definitive statement to use 30/30 makes it sound like he's taken trimix.

I believe GUE Tech 1 is where he will get his mix gas dive training. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

I believe GUE Tech 1 is where he will get his mix gas dive training. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

Really? They put the two classes together?

I'd enjoy a class, just for the fun of learning, but trimix is as rare as hen's teeth around here.

Then again, so is ocean. :giggle:

Really? They put the two classes together?

I'd enjoy a class, just for the fun of learning, but trimix is as rare as hen's teeth around here.

Then again, so is ocean. :giggle:

That's pretty standard for the agencies that do tech1->3 route

NAUI tech 1 is advanced nitrox, deco procedures and helitrox all at once.

GUE tech 1 is trimix to 18/45. I have not taken it yet nor cave 1.
My next class is Tech 1. I personally start to feel the narc hit at ~85 feet, and notice it after about 10 minutes.
If i have the tool (30/30) why wouldn't i use it. It is not required for C1 (those dives are on 32%), and its use is dependant on the instructor blessing of course.

If you don't need it, great.
If you have it and have a use for it, Great

this is the method i am choosing for my technical training, if its not for you, Great, that's your choice.

YMMV

GUE tech 1 is trimix to 18/45. I have not taken it yet nor cave 1.
My next class is Tech 1. I personally start to feel the narc hit at ~85 feet, and notice it after about 10 minutes.
If i have the tool (30/30) why wouldn't i use it. It is not required for C1 (those dives are on 32%), and its use is dependant on the instructor blessing of course.

If you don't need it, great.
If you have it and have a use for it, Great

this is the method i am choosing for my technical training, if its not for you, Great, that's your choice.

YMMV

It is extremely likely that you will be required to use the same gas as everyone else. It's also extremely likely that a course with a 100' depth limit and no deco would be better suited to nitrogen not helium when looking at NDL's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom