Your Post-Cavern Gear Configuration

What was Your Post-Cavern Cave Class Configuration?

• Single-tank, mostly minimum equipment

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Doubles, but not full cave equipment

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Full Cave equip (per agency req'mts)

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

like i said - it would be dependant on instructor blessing, the team, etc.

GUE Cave 1 limits are roughly equivalent to intro to cave. That gas planning is a little more liberal. NAUI Cave 1 is more like apprentice.

I used 3030 on some of my c1 class dives, iirc. Makes sense for higher flow/ slightly deeper caves.

Reactions: Jax
I personally start to feel the narc hit at ~85 feet, and notice it after about 10 minutes.
If i have the tool (30/30) why wouldn't i use it. It is not required for C1 (those dives are on 32%), and its use is dependant on the instructor blessing of course. YMMV

I'm with you in that my narcotic impairment starts around 85-90ft. Add a bit of CO2 from flow and I wouldn't be happy in overhead (especially when dealing with the complications of training scenarios).

Have heard of others using 30/30 for C1 in Fla. Not sure if you need to take T1 first - that's a good question for your instructor.

In Mexico C1 class isn't deep enough for mix.

It's also extremely likely that a course with a 100' depth limit and no deco would be better suited to nitrogen not helium when looking at NDL's.

UTD considers 32% and 25/25 to be equivalent for those dives as far as Ratio Deco is concerned.

my target was NFL for C1 and South FL for T1. To use it you would need Rec3 or T1 cert first since it is not covered as part of the C1 course.
I am only speaking GUE here, other trianing agiencys are different.

UTD considers 32% and 25/25 to be equivalent for those dives as far as Ratio Deco is concerned.

Good to know. Do they typically use 25/25 for shallow dives with no decompression in the C1 classes?

I get the team standardized gas bit but I just don't see the need for He for short shallow training dives. Barring everyone's individual comfort level of course.

Reactions: Jax
UTD calls thier cave class this i believe.
The Classes:
  • Essentials of Overhead Diving
  • Overhead Protocols
  • Cave 1
  • Cave 2
  • Cave Gold (Stage/Deco Bottle)

I have no idea what they intal however or thier gas stragety

I have no idea what they intal however or thier gas stragety

When I was with UTD (not for cave but for general tech diving), we used 25/25 for any dive below 100 feet.

EDIT: Obviously I meant any dive over 100 feet until you got deep enough t use the next standard gas.

Okay, I'm confused. :confused:

we've deviated signifiantly from the OP's poll post - sorry.
to answer the OP post - i never took cavern, have no plans too, i do some bunny caverns but will full kit (doubles, can light, backup lights, etc.) basically i am fully compliant for Fundies standards every dive right now. that will continue every dive outside of some mandated changes for the pool by the DM course, but even there that only applys to the pool work. I will still be in BP/W in the pool.

the question around mix and classes is a seperate topic

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom