zeagle bc inflator/octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone use a zeagle bc inflator/octopus. Like it?Hate it? Problems or any other thoughts? Ease of use? Or go with another brand? It looked big to me so I wonder if was hard or uncomfortable to use. And how is it when trying to fine tune your bouyancy?Thanks

I like it. I also like the size of it, it feels and breathes like a 'normal' sized 2nd stage....which it is.

One change I made was to lengthen the interier dump cable by about 3", allowing the corrugated hose to relax a bit. This extra length makes it more comfortable to use when you've donated your primary. This extra length also puts it within easy reach when I have my hands clasped in front of me for fine tuning if needed. Use of a small retractable keeps it from dangling in the way yet does not hamper holding it above your head for dumping.

Never really tried one on a dive series One thing that grabbed my attention was the shrouded buttons.

Dee how do you like the way it sits in your hand. It seems like there is a extended reach to inflate because of the ridge?

Hallmac

My wife and I have them on both of our Rangers and we're taking them off. They do breathe well but the buttons take a little getting used to, especially if you have cold water gloves. However, the bigger problem seems to be the weight of the octo on the hose. On both of our BCs the elbow where the hose attaches to the wing has started to rip out of the cloth around the wing, and neither of us use the pull dump feature. My wife's BC has already been back to Zeagle to get repaired and mine will be going back today.

Back
Top Bottom