Zeagle Express Tech opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba.com has the zeagle et deluxe open box for $225. I thought about picking it up. Not sure if that is the best price, but lowest I could find. Anyone have thoughts on that price? Not sure about the shipping to UK for the op.

The ET is not the lightest BC for travel, but it does pack very flat. Love mine in the water and would recommend the crotch strap.

So I am considering returning the 2 Mares Hybrid Pure's I just bought and replacing with the Zeagle ET. Can someone tell me the difference between non deluxe and the deluxe? If I get the Zeagles do I need to add anything else to be ready to dive, such as a back plater or is it incorporated in the ET?

So I am considering returning the 2 Mares Hybrid Pure's I just bought and replacing with the Zeagle ET. Can someone tell me the difference between non deluxe and the deluxe? If I get the Zeagles do I need to add anything else to be ready to dive, such as a back plater or is it incorporated in the ET?

Biggest difference when I got mine was no padding and a simpler harness system (one piece strap) on basic model. I would have preferred that but they were selling only deluxes by then. I finally took off the padding and like that much better. You might want to add some D rings depending on what equipment you are slinging. And I added a couple of xs scuba trim pockets to the shoulders. (They just Velcro on). Also they have a couple of options for weight pockets. The ripcord system seemed to complicated to me (and a minor PITA to restring if you do open it) so I got the simpler Velcro pockets. Anyway, a great BCD.

Comes with a back plate. Get a crotch strap.

I just bought a Zeagle ETD last night, as I did not want to travel to Cozumel with my Zeagle Ranger. The ETD is ready to dive out of the box, though I added 4 D-Rings to my Rig. Last night I removed the Back padding and shoulder pads. I will determine what I remove or put back on after I dive it later this week. I do like the fit, and may use it over the Ranger in most cases.

I sent them a pm and hope to talk to them soon and get it shipped so i can begin to fine tune everything.

The older style has no quick release buckles just straight shoulder straps. The ET is a soft back plate and wing. I do like the Zeagle Zip Touch quick release system and a crotch strap addition.

Amazon.com : Zeagle 20 lb Zip Touch Weight System Accessories : Diving Swim Fins : Sports & Outdoors

Dive Rite Crotch Straps

I do not use the back or shoulder pads. Not need in my opinion.

@gfaith, the zip touch look nice but with my budget I think I will look for a cheaper option. Stupid question but do I need 2 crotch straps or just one?

No stupid question.. One is all you need .. A one inch works and is about $ 9.00 USD.

Back
Top Bottom