Zeagle single bpw thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emmitt96

Registered
Reaction score
After many years of diving, I am ready to move to a bpw setup. I will be diving a single hp100. I have decided that I want a ss backplate and a 30# doughnut wing. I have researched many different brands, but I am leaning toward Zeagle. I have used a Ranger Ltd for several years, and have been very happy with it. Is anyone have experience with the Zeagle bpw, or any thoughts? Thanks

if you're happy with Zeagle and want to stay with them, don't worry about it, just do it. I think there are more cost effective options, especially now that they're owned by Huish.
With DSS moving right now, I think one of the best deals on the market now for cost/quality is coming from Vintage Double Hose. @OWIC647 has taken a phenomenal product on the market and kept the price reasonable

I bought the combo BPW. 30lb doughnut and alum backplate. single piece harness.
It works, does the job just fine. I have only been in pools with it, not deep ocean though.
Should note that customer service at Zeagle is bad!

the zeagle is decently made. scubatoys can sell you a package around 460 for a 30lb donut and ss plate. can't confirm that they still make everything in the US anymore though, so i would consider a dive rite in that price range also.

I was never a big fan of Zeagle's BP/W setups because they were a bit weird in design and setup. Looking at the 30 lb wing, it seems to be of a conventional design so it should be fine. As Tbone mentioned there are other wings out there that may be a better value.

Zeagle makes a hybrid system called the Express Tech. It's the best of BP&W and BCD. It's pretty darn cheap and my go-to system unless I'm sporting doubles.

After reading Tbone's response I did some research, and spoke to Bryan at VDH. I like the fact that the Argonaut Backplate/Wing Package is made in the USA, and I like to support local business. I looked at Deep 6, but did not like that the rig was made in China. I did like DSS, but I can't wait 6+ months. Dive Rite is local for me, but not exactly what I am looking for. I really like Halcyon, but refuse to pay nearly double. I am heavily leaning toward VDH. Does anyone have any thoughts. I have been diving since 86, and am ready to make the bpw switch. I have no plans to get into technical diving. I do like the simple open freeness of movement, and ease of trim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom