Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not at all. Their bungees are set up to eliminate that without creating any problems.

nice...i was offered to exchange my 44lbs for a 24lbs once the shop received them but if the bungees are helping, then no need to swap. thank you.

I have never had an issue with them. I dive both the small and large wings. The large one is my tech set up and I teach in a smaller set. I have started training all of my students in them with a crotch strap.

Some of the newer style BCDs are designed to carry the weight of the tanks (above water) on the hips rather than on the shoulders. As I get older I think more about things like this. :depressed:

Does the tech express put the weight on the hips or is it still on the shoulders?

Thanks!

Some of the newer style BCDs are designed to carry the weight of the tanks (above water) on the hips rather than on the shoulders. As I get older I think more about things like this. :depressed:

Does the tech express put the weight on the hips or is it still on the shoulders?

Thanks!

I'd say it's on the shoulders. Which ones let you carry on the hips? I would think there is only degrees of discomfort when it comes to walking around with your gear on the surface, lol.

x2 with on the shoulders...my apeks BP/W set up has the sure lock weight system which transfers some of the weight bearing to the hips and it seems to work well. my shoulders aren't as "tired" after long walks to entry points.

It really depends on how you have it set up. I limit how tight my shoulder straps get with a weight keeper on either strap, but my crotch strap still pulls it snug against my back and shoulders. I would say that the weight is pretty evenly distributed along my back from the hips up. I have gone about a half mile thru swamp wearing a heavy 130 to dive Buford's Sink and I did just fine, never having to worry about losing my balance due to a shifting rig.

Hi All
Would someone be able to post front and rear pictures of an ET with a 30# wing... with tank attached?
I'm trying to understand how far down the tank it goes.
Just to be greedy .. it would be good to see some shots of the ET in the water too... any sized wing.
TIA

Where the tank mounts is an individual thing. It depends on where the ET sits on a persons back, the persons body type and build. A tall person with a long neck may have the tank mounted higher on the plate, a short person may have it lower. Some people may prefer the plate to be higher or lower on their back.

I had to play around with the plate location on my ET to get it where I wanted it and to set my tanks at the right hight for me. My tanks are attached right at the top of the flat of the tank right below where the tank starts to curve up to the valve.

I may have a couple of pictures floating around and I try and find them.

tks .. still curious how much longer the 30# wing is...
They have the base ET in stock here . but the DLX and any other wing are not.

I don't need 30# lift, but the extra length of the 30 seems like it would make a better diving rig.

Has anyone dove both a 24 and 30 wing and can comment?
I'm 6'/240lb 40" waist

Back
Top Bottom