Ocean Signal RescueME PLB1 CHEAP...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I should have been more clear. I ordered 3 custom canisters for the 3 of us from Light Monkey. Cost me $225 each. Great little units. I have a pics somewhere on the Cozumel PLB thread.

I also tried the Aussie ones but tossed them as they leaked, plus it's equivalent in size to a grapefruit. Not sure how you'd rig that up, plus its mucho buoyant. I made the mistake in assuming the included pouch was for underwater use, sure looked like the perfect setup, until it fell apart in 10 dives.

image.jpeg
Sorry I should have been more clear. I ordered 3 custom canisters for the 3 of us from Light Monkey. Cost me $225 each. Great little units. I have a pics somewhere on the Cozumel PLB thread.

I also tried the Aussie ones but tossed them as they leaked, plus it's equivalent in size to a grapefruit. Not sure how you'd rig that up, plus its mucho buoyant. I made the mistake in assuming the included pouch was for underwater use, sure looked like the perfect setup, until it fell apart in 10 dives.

Ouch! Thanks for the info, but $225 is way over my budget. For now I actually use an old Sony Camera case that I got from eBay for $10. It's good for 40m (133') deep.

View attachment 384005

Ouch! Thanks for the info, but $225 is way over my budget. For now I actually use an old Sony Camera case that I got from eBay for $10. It's good for 40m (133') deep.
It looks like it fits ok without the flotation pouch. It would suck to carry it around dive after dive, then need it on a dark night, and drop it taking it out. :eek:

Look again :)
Yes, and what am I seeing? You are there in person seeing it all, so you see more than I can. Is the PLB1 securely attached to the pouch, and inside the pouch in the canister? If so, great.

Yes, and what am I seeing? You are there in person seeing it all, so you see more than I can. Is the PLB1 securely attached to the pouch, and inside the pouch in the canister? If so, great.

Yes. The PLB1 is attached to the float pouch with the gray wrist strap. So, if you accidentally drop it off while trying to pull it out of the camera case, you will see the black float pouch floating on the surface. You would just simply fish it out.

Dan, does the PLB come with the float pouch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom