2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool video. That sounds like a great way to relax!

Saturday 7/4 AM - Elliptical (35 minutes), 2.77 miles and approximately 435 calories. 140 ARH. Need to do some pilates and/or resistance training this afternoon.

That looks like a nice hike. The greenery makes me jealous. We don't get a lot of that in the summer in California. Alas.

Sunday 7/5 - Woke up this AM to do my new DVD - Pilates Beginning Mat Workout DVD - Pilates for Beginners - Pilates & Dance DVDs - Media Library - Gaiam. It was great fun although I don't think that I contracting my abs as much as I should be. Afterward, headed to the gym where I did the ELLIPTICAL for 45 minutes, doing 3.55 miles and just over 550 calories. I followed that up with some resistance training with the Wii Fit Sports Active for another 120-some odd calories.

Now, time to clean the house!

Way too much exercise yesterday. I think I might have overstretched and am pretty sore today, which made it hard to get into it this morning.

Monday 7/6 AM - Elliptical (47 minutes) - 3.62 miles and approximately 560 calories. It was hard to get my HR up and keep it up above 132 this morning. Kind of a PIMA.

Uh oh!!! Sore CAN be good... that means the muscles are growing or stretching... lol

I'm wisely taking a rest day today... hands and bottom of my quads are in need of a break... maybe a light short row, GHD, or practice "muscle-ups" (the false-grip won't kill what part of my hand is stiff)

Uh oh!!! Sore CAN be good... that means the muscles are growing or stretching... lol

I'm wisely taking a rest day today... hands and bottom of my quads are in need of a break... maybe a light short row, GHD, or practice "muscle-ups" (the false-grip won't kill what part of my hand is stiff)

I am glad to hear that you are taking the day off. I think I am going to take the night off, then workout tomorrow AM and then take Wednesday off. I was just trying to really pay attention to where I am sore, and I am realizing that it is my inner thighs, up high. In light of that, I am thinking it is a good sore, probably from the pilates. I think I will still take it nice and easy this evening. :)

Well... I took the day off from an "intensity" standpoint... but I made Penny work hard... lol!!!

My quads and hands were toast…. the quads from Oly lifts, rowing, cycling, and hiking for several days straight, and my hands mostly from cycling without gloves yesterday. I figured I was due for a rest day… or at least a light day that wasn’t intense nor used the aforementioned “systems”… lol

Penny, on the other hand, needed some intensity… so I gave her two options, and she chose a 5k Row.
Penny WOD:
5K Row 22:54

I felt like dinking around, so after warming up, I did sets of 10 of the following:
Ring Rows x2
Pullups (Black Band)
Kettlebell Swings 10#
Kettlebell Swings 25#
Kettlebell Swings 35#
Kettlebell Swings 55#
Pullups (Green Band)
Nothing intense… rest in between… just some a little something for light work.

I am taking the day off as well. I have a huge hearing tomorrow and woke up feeling pretty 'blah' and still sore so I thought it wiser to not push it. Plan on hitting the gym in the morning, however, to get pumped for court in the afternoon! Swwwweeettttt!

Sounds like your workouts are going really well WB! And you are making Penny work! Sheesh! :)

I got my 1st compliment today. My coworker said that I was looking stronger and more fit and like my posture was improving. I really blushed as I am not very good at taking compliments, but it is so nice to get some good feedback!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom