7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LindaBluedolphin:
Okay I survived and am alive. I must have hiked about 6 miles total yesterday, most of it in the dark (which makes it even more challenging). I didn't get home until about 2:30 in the morning.

:cheerleader: :cheering: :cheerleader:

You go girl!

Woot. Just home from the gym. 40 minutes on the treadmill, taking it easier than I have in previous days as I think I sprained my foot (or overworked the arch, etc) and have had alot of pain since Friday. Speed between 3.0-3.5 mph, incline 2.0-4.5. Total distance about 2.1 miles and total calories (according to the machine) 325. So, not bad. Finished off with a upper body weights - just a few though since I have got errands to do still this evening. Joy. :)

Hope that you are all well.

Hey I just found this forum and it is just what I need to get motivated...I have glanced thru the last 5 months and looks like a handfull of you are still hanging in there! I think that's great! I am new to diving, going to finish my PADI open water certification on June 2nd and 3rd so my hubby and I can go diving together! Like trucker girl I too drive truck over the road and the motivation to do exercise is sorely needed! so what is the drill? 30 min per day and weigh ins are when?

I think the weigh ins are on Thursday. I bought a $5 scale at Wal-Mart- figure if it gets beat up beyond salvation in the truck I'm only out $5! I don't trust those truck stop scales in the bathroom (plus, erparamedic thinks they might have flashing red lights that go off when you use them, and that's scary!).

Glad to have you- I guess you know that walking around the truck stop for exercise isn't the most appealing option for us trucker girls! All those flashing head lights and horn honkings are scarier than the bathroom scales!

LOL... you all are toooooo funny! I just love catching up on here after working my "long" weekends! Believe me... yesterday was the longest workday of my life... it just plain sucked! Hah!

Of course, no "official" exercise for me this past weekend, but running around for a total of 24 hours at work must count for something! Today is a day of REST to recoop from the weekend havoc! Whew! I'm glad I gave my hours away today (was supposed to work). Rod mentioned going to the shooting range this afternoon, but I don't know for sure if we're going or not. If we do go, then it will be a little "arm work" for me. :wink:

I did not exercise yesterday I was still recovering from my hike and not getting to bed until 3 am. (okay those of you who know me don't fall over I have been known to stay awake past 9pm now and then):rofl3:

LindaBluedolphin:
I did not exercise yesterday I was still recovering from my hike and not getting to bed until 3 am. (okay those of you who know me don't fall over I have been known to stay awake past 9pm now and then):rofl3:

LOL!

Linda, a 6 mile walk is one thing... but a 6 mile HIKE is another monster! :wink: Good for you for tackling such a beast! You should feel great! Well... maybe aside from the sore feet/legs?!?:)

trucker girl:
Okay. What are Tim Tams? And what is an e machine?

Is vegemite that nasty stuff you put on toast that tastes like- excuse me- tar? Our kiwi friend eats something like that and I can't remember the name of it.

The e-machine is what the "elliptical" machine has been known by around here. Almity tends to call it an "epileptic" machine, so we had to figure out an easy name for it. One that she could spell! :rofl3: :wink:

As for Tim Tams... I had the same question, cause I had never heard of them till this board either. I guess they're some sort of cookie that's really yummy and addicting!

I have no idea what Vegemite is. :confused: Almity will have to chime in on that one. To me, it sounds like some sort of "vegetable based explosive laxative"!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: At least that's what I think of every time I hear the word! :mooner:

erparamedic:
I have no idea what Vegemite is. :confused: Almity will have to chime in on that one. To me, it sounds like some sort of "vegetable based explosive laxative"!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: At least that's what I think of every time I hear the word! :mooner:

You are better off that way! If she offers you any Vegemite RUN, as fast as you can in the opposite direction. It is the opposite of Tim Tams:rofl3:

My legs are not sore from the hike I am just tired from lack of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom