Agir-Brokk wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slider2268

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone out there own or used one of these wings, If so what do you think of it?

Slider2268:
Anyone out there own or used one of these wings, If so what do you think of it?
Its the one I use for my double PST 130's and my double Al 80's. My Halcyon Explorer was retired the moment I tried the AGIR.

JeffG:
Its the one I use for my double PST 130's and my double Al 80's. My Halcyon Explorer was retired the moment I tried the AGIR.

Why? more info in detail please!

JeffG:

On Jeff's word I got an Agir... a 32# single.
... gotta say he was right. It's bad ***.

It is very well made with extraordinary attention to detail. I guess that's the thing I like about it the most. It also appears as tough as any wing I've seen. And for you guys that are interested... it is Hog/DIR compliant.

Oddly enough, the single wing looks very much like an OMS except for slight differences in the outer shell material and a completely different inner bladder. The corrugated hose is the one that is sorta squeezed flat in profile instead of round. Size-wise, it is about the same as the smallest OMS... and about the same as an older style Pioneer 27.

I think this wing is as good as any of the other top of the line choices... if not better in some ways. For instance, I personally like the outer shell material of the Agir far more than that of the Halcyon Eclipse.

It is, however, a horseshoe design and some guys won't like that. I can see why that MIGHT be important to a first time BP/wing user. But, I think that this becomes much less important as your experiences and abilities increase.

Here are some pics that show some nice attention to detail and reflect the high quality of this wing...

Thanks for the info and pics, Just got off the phone with Barry at salvo, and thanks to him, Santa and Visa, I'm getting wings for christmas

hoosier:
Why? more info in detail please!
I like the shape better.
Doesn't have that POS inflater.
Three mounting holes vs one (more choices on trim)
Has lower denier outer shell (which is not as stiff as the Explorer) which allows air to move better (The outer shell is similar to the older Explorers...Halcyon changed their outer shell at some point)

But in reality...its still just a wing. I could dive either. (Except I do hate that POS Halcyon inflater)

Plus...Its blue

I am considering buying this system for the GF. I have a Halcyon explorer and love it. I have dove the Eclipse wing and I love that as well. As for buying the AGIR I am going to need to hear some more positive feedback because I won't be able to try it in the water. Though, I must say, that saving a couple of hundred bucks is still a good enough reason.

The agir is right up to par with the halcyon.

Like JeffG said, an added benefit is the absence of the halcyon inflator (which was recently recalled).

Hope this helps,

-V

I dive the OMS Single tank 32lbs wing and need to get my girlfriend into a BP/W. I hadn't really considered the AGIR and the last time I was up at Salvo diving I only looked at reels and double tank wings. So, I'd appreciate any comparisons b/n the OMS and AGIR. The former is $280 at Leisurepro (and probably at a similar $ at Northeast Scuba Supply) while the latter is $250.00 at Salvo.

I'm going to have to rule out the Halcyon as I've heard too much about leaks and am not sure about Oxycheq's (I did dive an Oxy double this summer and loved it, but their single doesn't seem to be as tough as the OMS).

Thanks,
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom