air integrated worth 2x the price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are you using for a depth guage?

TSandM:
analog information is more quickly and more accurately perceived
I must be on the end of that bell curve - show me a graph and I see trends immediately, but for onesy-twosy quantities I like the numbers.
Several years ago I received a really nice analog watch as a gift. It had been so long since I'd read time in analog that I had to re-adjust - I particularly had trouble from about 20 past to 40 past an hour - I'd have to study it to determine whether it was 7:20 or 8:20. anaheimer's maybe?

TSandM:
ending pressure
I remember the ending pressure because one of my buddies and I have a good-natured 'oh I beat you by 200 psi' thing going, but I almost never remember the beginning pressure.

note your beginning pressure next to the MOD.

I don't do nitrox [yet] - but around here you 'lose' 200-300 psi when you hop in the water.

No nitrox eh? That class is SO worthwhile!

But yea, temp differences here cause a drop in pressure too in the summer. What's cool is watching the psi go UP during our winter diving. Air temps in the 30s ror 40s, and water temps in the 70s!

Yeah, that's definitely on my list.
Yikes, don't you freeze your petula off when you get back out?

Why do you think I'm yapping in here about getting a drysuit! Spring through fall, is AWESOME. Winter... getting out of 70F water into 40F air.. feels AWFUL! :)

LOL hadn't seen the drysuit thread.
Seems like with that kind of differential it'd almost be a choice, though - wear drysuit and be too hot in the water but ok on boat/land, or be comfortable in water and freezing on land in wetsuit. Well, I guess with a shell suit and moderate underwear you could find a medium.

CompuDude:
I stand corrected. Sounds like you had a lousy AI computer... for your conditions.

Yeah....that about sums it up. We're also ten years on now so maybe the technology has improved a bit.

R..

Nearly everyone here uses a shell suit. Only way to easily get away with the underwear changes required for the different temps, and probably the best way to deal with wearing steel doubles.

Back
Top Bottom