Air integrated wrist computer or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we would all like to eliminate extra hoses and streamline as much as possible, but an AI computer is an expensive luxury. I dive with a mini SPG clipped to my chest strap, a wrist-mounted Aladin Prime and a back-up Sherwood computer in my BC pocket. It's been working for me for over 5 years now.

I don't think you have to worry either way about reliability, cost is the major factor. Go with what you are comfortable with and can reasonably afford.

Did it die on the dive it started leaking on? I've had several spgs that got water in them,they always lasted for that dive and a few more until I got around to replacing it.

Maybe you just have a talent? :wink:

Or maybe brass and glass aren't nearly as reliable as high-tech electronics.:idk:

They seem to think that a computer failure is a dangerous event when in fact it is not.

A diver that starts their ascent at 1000 psi may never be aware of the discrepancy until the one dive that goes a little too long and the diver ends up OOA.

Having an OOA failure is not a dangerous event either if you are diving safely. (Buddy/pony/sidemount/independant doubles,sensible gas management)

This has been extremly informative, I cant thank you all enough. I think I am going to get a little SPG for now and just save up and get the Galileo Sol down the road. Bratface, you have the perfect plan, I can get a cheap computer for now and when I get an AI computer, I want to get the best so might as well not rush it.

This has been extremly informative, I cant thank you all enough. I think I am going to get a little SPG for now and just save up and get the Galileo Sol down the road. Bratface, you have the perfect plan, I can get a cheap computer for now and when I get an AI computer, I want to get the best so might as well not rush it.

Good - now you're talking. It took 5 pages :wink: , but I think that your outcome will be better than the young guy (another thread) who never did listen to why he should not "jerry rig" doubles onto a recreational BCD.

A good/inexpensive (like Oceanic) will last a long time - and it will serve as a great backup when you take that exotic dive trip.

Its hard not to want everything at once when you first get involved in this sport! lol but thankfully there is this forum for people to help guide you in the right direction! Thanks again guys! Im gonna get a streamline SPG and the SK7 for my trip to Cabo in July! Ill also look for an inexpensive computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom