Alert! Scammer reached me through SB trade post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a charge for over $40 for one call. I look up the international exchange, call came from the UAE.

Living in the US, of course this raised all kinds of questions in my mind. SCUBA gear? Terrorists? Scams? Very strange.

I don't expect too much trouble getting the charges dropped from my bill. We'll see.

I don't get the scam??????? Is this person getting a commission on the phone call? Are they using the connection to somehow make other calls at my expense?

Where or what is UAE? The guy could have been an agent of the phone company charging international rates, and/or an agent of a tiny country charging excessie taxes. Money is money.

I have been receiving a significant number of emails from Africans wanting to deposit money in my bank account, with me to get a commission for taking care of the safety of the money. I would think that everyone knows better than that one? :geek:

don

dandydon once bubbled...
[BWhere or what is UAE? The guy could have been an agent of the phone company charging international rates, and/or an agent of a tiny country charging excessie taxes. Money is money.

I have been receiving a significant number of emails from Africans wanting to deposit money in my bank account, with me to get a commission for taking care of the safety of the money. I would think that everyone knows better than that one? :geek:

don [/B]
UAE = United Arab Emirates - a small middle eastern country. Actually one of the more modern ones.

If the guy was an agent of a foreign country there's no way that he would be able to add phone charges to your bill.

Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom