Another "which computer" thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make sure you are actually going to use tri-mix. Buying an Explorer or VR3 and then only using it for air will be a waste.

If you plan on deffinitely diving with different mixtures other than up to 50% nitrox you would be best to buy the Explorer or VR3. If you are just planning on air or Nitrox up to 50% then most of the regular dive computers will work fine.

If you are going to do some tech diving with more than 1 gas(deco bottles with different mixes) the Suunto Vytec is a good computer but if you are taking it to the next level my understanding is the V3 is the right choice. If you haven't trained for it ask an instructor to point you in the right dirrection.
Dive Safe, Butch

Nitrox tri-mix and more !? Thats a hell of a computer, something only a few do.

Only the VR3 from memory comes close to your needs.

Are you *REALLY* sure you need trimix in the next year or 2 !

maybe not but I also don't want to have to upgrade in a year or two either. Thanks for the tips, shoping, shoping shoping.

Im not finding a VR3...Why makes it?

OK found it. Cool looking rig. BUT, for the big price diff, Im thinkinh I'll just stick with something more basic. Hows the Vyper? Looks like a nice set up.

Vyper is not:

1. AI
2. Trimix
3. Multiple Gases

But for what it is designed for (Air, Nitrox, Gauge), is a great computer.

And when you are ready for a trimix 'puter, will be still useful in gauge mode.

Thanks, went with the Vyper. Should get here wednesday.
Again, great advice here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom