Any suggestions for keeping my wifes hair out of her mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife usually uses a doo-rag Guns and Roses style to keep the hair back. We bought her something similar to the Scap at last years' DFW dive show. It works pretty good too.

Sheep Shears!

Everytime my wife puts her hood and mask on it is a battle to keep her hair in the hood and out of her mask. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gel? hair band? Shave her head? :D

Thank you in advance.

Shaving is an option... However, you might not spend the next 6 weeks on the couch if you purchased her something like this... We offer a thin, comfortable lycra hood that can be worn alone in warm water or under a conventional, nylon lined neoprene wetsuit hood. This thin hood provides sun protection and sting protection as well.

MAKO Camo Lycra Hood

mclh_sml.jpg

You might want to look at the "hair glove", its sold by innovative scuba concepts ISC Catalog : Beach Apparel
.... but I’m with everyone else, if men have to shave their beards and mustaches so their masks can seal, why shouldn’t women have to shave their heads?...lol

Once she ties her hair back and puts the hood on - no taking the hood off for predive briefing or it pushes the hair back into her face and out of hood area surrounding her face... I french braid my hair and wet bangs slightly, put hood on and now bangs are under hood and then leave it alone - go diving. I like your idea of shaving her head :)

Well, it looks like most of you voted to shave her head......glad she's a heavy sleeper :eyebrow:

I think she is going to try hair gel next time.

Thanks for all the feedback.

get a snug hood or beanie. put it on. slick all your hair under the edge. do not slide it down around your neck while waiting around. put on your mask - no hair in the way!

My wife sprays it down with suit snot (hair conditioner and water) , it's enough to make it behave as she gets the hood up and tucks the final locks into the hood.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom