Anyone been to Malta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the viz, types of sealife, bottom makeup and anything else a interested diver would like to know?

hi,the viz is crystal clear,sealife consists of barracuda,groupers,amberjack,various bream,octopus,stingrays and many more,plus conger andmoray eels.theres good wreck and cave dives,drop offs,sea temps in summer are about 23c and 16c in winter.

Some of the early posts about medical regs in malta for diving can be misleading. Yea they are more stringent than many locations in the world but in itself this is not a bad thing. They have relaxed many of their regulations in diving that were seen as being fairly old fashioned such as using anything other than air, my understanding forexample i that nitrox is now allowed.

I havent dived malta itself but did have the pleasure of diving on the next door island of gozo. This was my first non uk diving holiday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. In comparison to cyprus for example, i feel that the safety standards in malta are much better and there is far more by way of marine life.

Thanks for the info. I'm pricing out and comparing trips for the next two years and this will help.

Dearman:
Thanks for the info. I'm pricing out and comparing trips for the next two years and this will help.

Hi,

I am a german freelanced programmer living in malta since 1992. If you need some information regading diving in malta you can contact me.
Some pictures of a taster dive (made with a disposable camera) can be found on http://www.aloaha.com/download/tasterdive.pdf

Take care
Stefan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom