Aqualung Aquarius 2 parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnunn04

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have had this regulator for several years. It just got back from service and they said the housing was cracked. I don't see anything obvious, but I was wondering if someone knew where I could get a replacement housing for it, or should I just buy a new regulator? I REALLY like this one and it has never given me any issues - even the last time I used it.

Also, do you know when it was made (just wondering).

If you need any other information, please let me know.
5023315bd1e0c9641cb0346472226041.jpg
96914e1438045bf7db9a6238be4926a9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I doubt you can get a replacement housing for it, looking at the regulator I think it is an early 80s model. I believe the cases of this vintage are prone to cracks in plastic by the inlet. I am not sure if it can be repaired. The problem with cracks it that they tend to grow over time, so now it may not matter but it could in the future. The most obvious symptom is that it would start breathing wet.

Your best bet would be just to pick up a replacement off eBay or from someone here on SB. If you love these regs so much then it may pay to pickup a second stage with a metal body such as a Conshelf XIV or Calypso. You will have it for the rest of your life.

I think I have a couple extra of those regs sitting in a drawer that I would sell cheap and Gould canabalize for parts. Pm me if interested and we can work something out.
myles

Here is the fix: PM me if you are interested.

Here is the fix: PM me if you are interested.

I am telling Bryan you are selling his custom regulator. LOL But seriously you should explain that that second stage is metal.

---------- Post added April 12th, 2015 at 05:51 PM ----------

Looks a lot like a Conshelf 20 second stage to me (I'm no an expert). I wouldn't be surprised if all the plastic Conshelf 2nds use a common body, or at least a sufficiently common one for your purpose. I recall reading that the 20s were crack-prone and later ones weren't.
Scuba Diving PRE Owned Aqua Lung Conshelf 20 Second Stage Octo Regulator VG | eBay

From what I remember US Diver second stages from that period were basically all the same except for the XXIV which was metal. The difference in the models were in the first stages.

I am telling Bryan you are selling his custom regulator. LOL But seriously you should explain that that second stage is metal.

sssshhhhhhh...... I don't want to explain that this all metal, custom tuned and trimmed, Black Beauty that Bryan, who was commissioned by Uncle Sam, put together for a Navy Seal- turned secret agent, put together. Then at great expense and danger, he finally recovered it. Why, you may ask? Some prospective buyer might think they could not afford it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom