Athletic fit wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jxhopper

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get an athletic cut wetsuit (if such a thing exists)? I am 6' 3" and 230 - 235 lbs with 36 inch waist. Most of the sizing charts I have seen are way too big in the waist for my height. I need larger through the shoulders and smaller in the waist (But my legs are fairly thick). Any suggestions or anyone similar to this size with a good recommendation?

Thanks,

J

Superstar,
I have the same problems, 5'7', 165, 30 inch waist. Most regular suits I try on either fit the waist and I cant get over my shoulders or fit my shoulders and are all baggy and too big in the waist. I have shopped around and think I am going to get a Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch. In the small it fits my waist and has the stretch to fit my shoulders as well. Try that out. :D

My husband is 6'4", 220# with a swimmer's body....broad shoulders, narrow waist, good sized thighs. When we were on our wetsuit quest a few years ago, the only one that he thought fit very well was the Henderson Hyperstretch. Other suits tended to pull under his arms (because of his shoulders) or bag in the waist.

'Went through the same deal - I tried 3 diff brands @ my dive shop 5 years ago when I bought all my gear, & bought a Scuba Pro 3ml, even though it was slightly baggy in the waist - but it was the best of the 3. After 2 years of getting chilled @ the end of longer dives, I started an active search for one that would fit my swimmer frame. I came across the fit chart for O'Neill wetsuits, & found it was slimmer in the waist than any others (pretty much every wetsuit manufacturer has a fit chart on the website). I now own not only a 3m, but a super warm hooded 7/5m I use for Lake Superior. The fit is amazing - I can even move my arms. I am much warmer even @ the end of a forth dive of the day, due to less water exchange. It makes sense that this company would make an athletic cut suit, as they are probably better known to the active surfer & windsurfer crowd.

Body glove for large shoulders? No.

O'neil is a maybe.

Scubapro is defintely out.

I have a new Henderson that I'm hoping works, but it is a 2 mm and doesn't give me any idea of how a thicker suit would fit since a 2 mm will stretch very easily.

The best fitting for broad shoulder that I have ever used was Harvey's.

superstar:
try bodyglove

If you want to look custom, try otterbaysuits.com. The peopel I know who have suits through them really like them. I think they take abotu 40 measurement points from your body.

Does anyone know anything about Pnnacle Elastiprene? I am going to check these suits out too as an alternate to Henderson.

Try O'Neil. My husband is about your height, weighs a bit less, wears a size smaller jeans, has broad shoulders and wears 2XL shirts for the shoulders and length. O'Neil's fit him well. He's also got a Camaro suit that's a good fit.

Back
Top Bottom