Athletic fit wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wysmar:
What effect does tailoring have on seals and stiching etc?

I do have to get my dress pants altered but they usually add fabric to the end of the legs and fold that under. Is this possible with neoprene?

If you can give me some links to wetsuit tailors I would greatly appreciated it.

I did find http://www.terrapinwetsuits.com/ but don't know the firs thing about them or the quality of their work.

Wys

The Hyperstretch can always be taken up in the waist, but you'll really need to try it on first in the water to see how it fits. In a cold water suit you'll have to have it sewn with a machine that doesn't penetrate the suit, which few people have, and it will have to be glued.

Britt :fish:
:fish:

I would suggest a superstretch wetsuit from Liquid Fit. Their custom stretch suits are comparible to Henderson's rack suit. I really like their color selections.
www.liquidfit.com
Bood luck,
Taffy

CrazyScuba:
We have an instructor at 6'5" in that suit and it fits him very well. With an athletic build you're always going to lose on the waist, but you have the BC cummberbund (maybe a weight belt?) that will help, but if we take you down to the Large Long with your weight, it will be too tight on your shoulders.

Are you going for a cold water suit or a warm water suit and what thickness? This might be where a core warmer could take up the additional slack in the waist.

Britt :fish:
:fish:
I dive with a AL Balance weight integrated and no cummberbund, but I guess I can make compromises on the waist. I really hate the short legs/sleeves.

Also I'm diving only in warm water So. Florida. Even in the winter a 3/2 will do for me anyway.

Thanks for all your help.

Saltwater Taffy... I took a look at Liquid Fit and unfortunately, did not like their samples.:(

jxhopper:
Does anyone know where I can get an athletic cut wetsuit (if such a thing exists)? I am 6' 3" and 230 - 235 lbs with 36 inch waist. Most of the sizing charts I have seen are way too big in the waist for my height. I need larger through the shoulders and smaller in the waist (But my legs are fairly thick). Any suggestions or anyone similar to this size with a good recommendation?

Thanks,

J

Bare Velocity or Henderson Hyperstrech in XL-T.
Both these have tall sizes.

I am 6'4", 225lb and 34inch waist. I use the Bare L tall.

Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom