Attn Guys!!! What do you normally wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mambo Dave:
One thing about properly fitted Underarmor tops: they are somewhat constricting toward breathing and ... internal organs. This isn't too noticeable, immediately, and easy to write off, until one wears a top for a long while - as I have done under my business attire.

Something a bit looser - the "Starter" brand of t-shirts that wick away moisture (Dri-Star, I believe, sold in Wal-Mart) would be slick, they are just as thin, dry just as fast, and aren't made to be as tight as the underarmor. Of course you can buy one size smaller and, I believe, still not be constricted at all (compared to an underarmor shirt).

I only bring this up based on that it does place an additional load on breathing when breathing comfortably may already be an issue underwater. Try both brands of shirts out for hours on end and you may see what I mean.

Now this is interesting. Last Saturday, I did my dives without my underarmour shirt. Prior to that, my last 9 dives had all been WITH the underarmour. I really noticed no difference at all in consumption or comfort, but then I am not doing long dives.

I'll keep an eye on this. Very very interesting...

The Starter brand shirts work about the same as under armour, and at about 1/4th the price. (and yes, i've used both). i usually go with a short sleeve dri-star shirt and long lycra/bicycle pants. makes the 7mm a breeze to take on and off.

Perrone, we aren't talkin about much here. And maybe I'm crazy. But I digress...
It's just seomthing that a new diver who may be very focused on the ability to breathe easily (say, like me on my last certification dive in absolute zero-vis 48 degree water with a mouthpiece that was constantly allowing a spray mist of water in during every breath - or someone absolutely new who is in the pool and scuba breathing for the first time).

Too, for diagphramtic breathers, it may be more of an issue than for chest breathers.

Best,
Dave

Depend on the suit. 7mm I wear a regular bathing suit, and a full skin. 3mm just the trunks.

speedo and take a pair of surfer shorts to put on after the dive if I take my wetsuit off on the boat.

Tan Thru Bicycle Shorts. I am VERY aware of those around me, and wrap with a towel before I pull my shorts down, and use the same towl before I pull my wetsuit down below my waist.

Swim trunks and sometimes an underarmor shirt. Just tuck the shorts as you pull the wetsuit up so you get no bunching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom