Aussie diving August Week 1-2: Fri 1st to Thur 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Age ... what a blessing ... my memory is shot so I can't remember all the things I've done wrong

:rofl3: Ok now I feel better about my weights :)

Hmm yea it would be great to try out a BP/W, I might take you up on that offer, cheers! :) I have heard everyone speak well of them but never tried one out. Stores don't really rent them out unless you go for a 'tech' package and I doubt they'd rent to me seeing as I have no tech training!

Bowlofpetunias, awesome! If you want to join us for a dive, let me know~~ Don't need much notice and I don't mind what type of dive I do - so let me know what your preference is for diving and I can figure something out :)

ummmm - hubby & i once went to camp cove for a dive and hubby forgot his wetsuit :lotsalove:

winter and he does a dive in a tshirt and speedos to test out a new housing... wasnt a pretty site :mooner:

.......Hmm yea it would be great to try out a BP/W, I might take you up on that offer, cheers! :) I have heard everyone speak well of them but never tried one out. Stores don't really rent them out unless you go for a 'tech' package and I doubt they'd rent to me seeing as I have no tech training.......
heheheh - if you talk to chris at www.divetub.com.au he is always happy to set up something for you, he has a few bpw floating around the country but i still have my zeagle tech so no worries for you to try out the bpw next time your in sydney as i wont miss the dive

last year we met larry from scubatoys and we got talking about bpws. my argument was that a bpw is NOT a techie thing, his arguement was if you call it techinical you sell more of them :wink:

well its official - we're going to have a SB Aussie Chapter dive meet so make sure you give me notice :multi:

Cool, I will try get my buddy to come back up too :) I am thinking late October would probably be the go. Have rescue for the first half of that month so not really free until then. And I will have enough for the flights by then (and weightbelts, $20 for hire! :11:). Definitely not driving back up again any time soon... Hopefully Bare Island will be diveable, everyone seems to rave about that site :)

Yea I got convinced not to try out a BP/W when I was trying out different BCs before buying one cos of the fact it was 'technical'. I said I wanted to ultimately get into wreck diving so thought it would be more appropriate but was told that my current BC would take doubles fine. :shakehead: Maybe two tiny argon bottles or spare air or something :rofl3: Oh well, I like my current BC enough, but it means I will need a BP/W eventually. Be good to see what they are like.

Was that a SB Aussie P club chapter?:D I think I know the founding members:rofl3:
yep it would be great to get together wouldn't it?

Guy in speedos... brings back memories. Hubby and I were at Kurnel for a dive. On the way down to the entry this guy came strutting up wearing only speedos and a t-shirt with his BCD. He was carrying full foot fins and barefoot. His buddy said is that all you are wearing? and his replay "Yep impressive isn't it?":dork2: I noted the accent was not from this side of the world! When they saw us in our gear Macho man asked us if we knew where you are supposed to get in the water here!:shakehead: We didn't offer to guide them and I didn't hear about any lost divers that weekend so assume they either didn't dive or managed to get back cause we didn't see them underwater:11doh:

Age ... what a blessing ... my memory is shot so I can't remember all the things I've done wrong

Shall I refresh your memory dear????:10:

Who introduced a certain Canadian to diving and has to cope with the continued requests to dive? oh right that wasn't a mistake lol

Got some *awesome* dives in yesterday! Did a dive at Blairegowie for 54mins and another one at Portsea for 75mins (my longest dive yet!). Temp is increasing, the sites were 12C + 13C respectively so didn't get cold until the end of the second dive. My friend was in a 7/5 wetsuit and was warmer than me, he has great cold resistance :rofl3: Anyway, for his first post-OW cert dives everything went very well :)

Well we did do something pretty dumb gearing up though so I will add it to my list of stupid things like the weights :wink: - he told me his BC was not inflating (a rental) and showed me him pressing a button. Anyway, I just assumed it was the inflate, didn't even check so we drove back to the shop (thankfully only 5mins away) and showed the store owner. He goes "it would help if you pressed the inflate button to inflate, that is usually how they work" :rofl3::rofl3: My friend had found the deflate button, and I didn't even check it properly, he's new so I should have given it more than a cursory glace!

On the dives I saw another blue-ring! Also, we watched a cuttlefish for about 10mins getting angry at all the leatherjackets and wrasse swimming past (well it was flashing colours very fast whenever they swum towards it), some pygmy squid, FIVE weedies, my first Melbourne pipefish (saw one in Sydney but never in Melb) and a whole heap of other things my friend ID'd after. He studied marine biology (with a focus on cephalopods) at uni so I saw way more on the dives than I ever have as he was great at spotting things that I would never even have paid attention to. Didn't have the camera tho :( as my regular buddy was in NZ.

Also I have swapped 1kg to each ankle from my BC for the second dive and found it the best dive with my buoyancy ever, was so comfy, and my air consumption was lower by about 3-4L than normal so going to ignore my other diving friends who say "ankle weights?? Noob". :p

......Also I have swapped 1kg to each ankle from my BC for the second dive and found it the best dive with my buoyancy ever, was so comfy, and my air consumption was lower by about 3-4L than normal so going to ignore my other diving friends who say "ankle weights?? Noob". :p

:sniff: dont let any of those guys (and 99.9% of the time its men!) pick on your ankle weights.

im always getting "ankle weights are the answer to an equipment problem" lecture but they can bend over and kiss my big old fat bum

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom