Baby Shampoo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3:
One of my O2 mask "care & feeding" sheets advises against using dish detergent for cleaning the silicone, they even mention Dawn by name.
The next time I get my hands on a junk mask I'll have to do some testing to see if there's anything significant behind it.

Hrmmm... I've seen people use it as defog. The proprietary defog that came with my Sea Vision mask smelled an awful lot like my daughter's bubble bath formula.

RocketMan:
I made a foam tank rack (2 tank) using a pool noodle and nylon rope. Total cost...$2.69 (including tax).

Huh, my LDS sells the same thing but with 2" PVC for about $40.

(Yes, I went and made my own)

Tank holders are easily made from nylon rope with pool noodles, PVC, or even scrap 2x4's.

Toothpaste & baby shampoo are dirt cheap defoggers.

You can make your own swimmers ear. 1/3 distilled water, 1/3 isopropyl alcohol, 1/3 white vinegar.

RocketMan:
I made a foam tank rack (2 tank) using a pool noodle and nylon rope. Total cost...$2.69 (including tax).

That's a great idea! I chopped up my kids old noodles for boat bumpers

stonefish35:
I use Johnson & Johnson No Tears Baby shampoo as my antifog, it also leaves a nice smell in my mask. Apply undiluted to mask , rise it off before the dive. Toothpaste is known to work too.:D

Toothpaste is also good for preventing drymouth. I rub a little into my mouthpiece before going deep in cold water.

rapidiver:
That's a great idea! I chopped up my kids old noodles for boat bumpers

Great pads for Yakima bars too

ım using the baby shampoo too.. ı dont suggest to u a soap because, it makes your wet suits ruin!
and u can prevent to vapour on your mask, with dish detergan or patato or toothpaste but dont chose the with menthol! it can make burn your eyes :wink:

I have heard that using baby shampoo will spot the yellow lens mask (maybe red lens also). It disappears when you dive, but it was noticable when dry. This wasn't my mask, but I did see it. I can't swear that it was baby shampoo, but that's what I was told.

At home, I installed one of those peg boad hat racks to hang my regulators. This way I can loop the hoses on the pegs to take the strain off them. It's about 3 Ft long with pegs about every 3 inches. I can get 4 complete sets on there, but it looks like spagetti with more than 3.

Cheap fabric softener will remove that great smell from wetsuits, no soap.

I also have tried toothpaste to clean my teeth.

Hydrogen Peroxide works great for the post dive ear issues. Kinda tickles too. Also, a rolling pin rolled across your wetsuit will get a ton of water out. Helps it dry quicker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom