Baby Shampoo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm..I've never used the baby shampoo for defog but will try it this weekend. Usually I use 500 psi which works.

The baby shampoo (50/50 solution) was my saving grace after I got a wetsuit with zipseals. It definitely helps the seals slide right in.

J&J shampoo = $2.97 for 20 oz.
500PSI = $7.00 for 2 oz.

the K

The Kraken:
J&J shampoo = $2.97 for 20 oz.
500PSI = $7.00 for 2 oz.

the K

And considering I have kiddos I always have J&J in stock. :D

The baby shampoo works well. I will have to try the talc for my 7ml wet suit as it is a pain to get on. Thanks for the good idea on the tank holder I was trying to figure out something for a holder in the car

Talc is normally applied to drysuit seals, I found wetting a wetsuit makes it easier to get on. Not necessarily more comfortable especially when its cold out, but easier.

On top of wetting the wetsuit before putting it on, try to wear a plastic bag at each foot. That will help to slide the legs in easily. After that, wear the plastic bags at each palm.. :D

stonefish35:
On top of wetting the wetsuit before putting it on, try to wear a plastic bag at each foot. That will help to slide the legs in easily. After that, wear the plastic bags at each palm.. :D

Will that trick work to get my head in easier too?:D

I wouldn't recommend getting your head into a plastic bag, unless there are holes in it.

Oh, unless you are talking about getting " the other head " in.:D , For that , KY jelly will do the trick :D

TimAZ:
Another thread about regretted puchases made me think of all the little items available at the LDS that do nearly as good a job as baby shampoo for only several times the cost. (Wetsuit/drysuit slide, wetsuit shampoo, de-fog, leak finder, etc.)

Any other uses?

Other products to replace with cheaper solutions?

One of the reasons I opt to go with the LDS items vice the cheaper alternative is that it is formulated for that use. Baby shampoo is probably the lesser evil of all the alternatives out there.

Dawn's ad line "It takes Grease out of your way"
Shampoos designed to take that oily look and feel out of your hair.

all our diving rubber products are made from petroleum based derivatives so what long term effect will using products that aren't designed with the needs of you dive gear have on the life expectancy of your gear? maybe very little but it will depend on how often you expose them to these products. If you dive 20 times a year then your risk is low but if you are someone like me who logs 200 plus ocean dives a year and a load of pool dives then using cheapo alternative will definetly impact the life span of your gear.

like everything in this sport it boils down to a matter of choice. do what works for you.
and keep in mind that the difference in the products mentioned isn't just in the price.

nuff said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom