Best Computer around $300?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zach, the Tusa IQ-700 is $100 more than the Aeris. Larry must have given you a great deal. You can also use a 2nd Nitrox mix with the Tusa for accelerated deco.

Mega bucks for a battery change?

Worst that I have heard of are the Uwatec's that have the battery sealed in (Pro Ultra and Smart) and the Suunto Stinger.

TheRedHead:
Zach, the Tusa IQ-700 is $100 more than the Aeris. Larry must have given you a great deal. You can also use a 2nd Nitrox mix with the Tusa for accelerated deco.

He gave me that same great deal. I think there is a lot of mark-up on that model or no minimum price set by the manufacturer. At that price it's the best computer out there in my opinion. It also has a more secure system for changing the battery that many others.

Check this out:

Cressi Sub Archimede II for $255 at Leisurepro.
Similar to several other computers that sell for about $400.

2 nitrox mixes, gauge mode and a reset button on the back.

I thought this was such a good deal that I bought it as soon as I noticed it. It will be used along with my Aladin Tec, whenever Scubapro gets that one back to me.

leadweight:
Check this out:

Cressi Sub Archimede II for $255 at Leisurepro.
Similar to several other computers that sell for about $400.

2 nitrox mixes, gauge mode and a reset button on the back.

I thought this was such a good deal that I bought it as soon as I noticed it. It will be used along with my Aladin Tec, whenever Scubapro gets that one back to me.

That computer is the same as the Tusa. It's just branded different. ScubaToys used to carry it, but they've discontinued it. I don't know if the model was discontinued, or if Larry just decided not to carry it anymore. Either way, that's a great price.

oceanic veo 250/200
mares M1/M2

TheRedHead:

yup...he took care of me.....obviously he couldnt match the price of the Aeris, but he made me a sweet deal. I also got the download cable and an SPG. I will definitely be buying more from those guys! And, since I'm in Texas, shipping is cheap and fast...it's almost like an online LDS! :wink:

Actually, the Cessi Archimede has a very different case from the Tusa. They are both based on the same Seiko made guts, as are the Diverite and Quantum, but there may be minor differences in operation.

I have broken 3 computers in 2 years and have come to the conclusion that dive computers are disposable items. I suppose if someone else paid for it a fancy one like a D9 would be OK, but I would cry a lot when it broke.

leadweight:
I have broken 3 computers in 2 years and have come to the conclusion that dive computers are disposable items. I suppose if someone else paid for it a fancy one like a D9 would be OK, but I would cry a lot when it broke.

I have also had a computer flood and found the warranty was void because I didn't have it serviced in 12 months. It flooded in month 13! I paid more at the LDS for my last computer because they will swap it out if it breaks. They also send reminders when service is due, even covered warranty service which would be the case with my computer as free service was part of the deal.

I have the Suunto Cobra (air integrated on the hose) now which I bought just after OW certification but I'm actually thinking of swapping out to a wrist mount. I'm just getting tired of grabbing at a hose mount. Is it just me or is air integration really just a fad option that takes up LCD realestate? I was considering the Cressi Sub Archimede II and just throwing a compact SPG on my reg. Can anyone confirm this will do a second Nitrox mix mid dive? Other than the air integration, will I be losing any significant features that the Cobra has?

Bobby

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom