Best Computer around $300?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobby, the algorithms may be different. The Cobra uses RGBM and I'm not sure about the Cressi. The Suunto D/L manager will calculate SAC automatically with the Cobra. You would have to enter starting and ending pressure with a wrist mount. I'm not sure if you care about that or not.

zach5150:
yup...he took care of me.....obviously he couldnt match the price of the Aeris, but he made me a sweet deal. I also got the download cable and an SPG. I will definitely be buying more from those guys! And, since I'm in Texas, shipping is cheap and fast...it's almost like an online LDS! :wink:

Can the rest of us get said sweet deal?

Depending on how sweet I may be able to swing it

TheRedHead:
The Aeris Atmos II is a good computer for $279.00

http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/PROD/comp/10_2510

I use it as my backup computer. I think this model has been discontinued and discounted.

I second that recommendation. Very easy to use especially for a new diver like myself, great cost in a wrist computer, and very easy to change battery makes it my choice.

aeris atmos 2 or xr2 scubatoys did me an xr2 for the price of the atmos 2.
not sure if they'll still do that or not

i understand that the XR2 is not as easy to read as the Atmos 2, so i'd go
for the nice display of the Atmos 2 if possible

I own an Atmos 2 and I'd throw in a hearty recommendation. It's been great so far, and the price was the best part! Got mine from Scuba Toys.

H2Andy:
i understand that the XR2 is not as easy to read as the Atmos 2, so i'd go
for the nice display of the Atmos 2 if possible
not sure
i think the atmos 2 was a bigger computer with a bigger display
but the xr2 is super easy to read for what it's worth

nod... take my statement with a gain of salt. it's hearsay.

i've never actually seen an XR2 "live"

I too am in the market for a new dive computer. My trusty ol' U.S. Divers Monitor II finally gave up the ghost. I'm a bit hesitant about wrist units, because of the banging it will take while lobster hunting. In fact, most of the models (hose and wrist) I've looked at don't look very durable compared to the behemoth Monitor. Should I be this concerned about durability?
Thanks,
JAW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom