Best Dive Shops in Puerto Villarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My spouse and I are a PADI Instructor and DM and will be visiting PV in June 09. We're looking for a 5 day or more dive package with a dive shop in PV. We are looking for small groups of experienced divers going to uncrowded, advanced sites. We are also hoping to find a shop that will extend courtesies/discounts to PADI professionals.

Would appreciate any recommendations on best dive shop in PV. Thanks, Karen

We dove with Twin dolphins and woud use them again in PV. They have small boats (with a head). They seemed to pick dive sites by experance of the people on board. The good dive sites are long boat rides.

Have you been down diving to Puerto Vallarta before ??

If you are planning to be diving in Puerto Vallarta, and more especially if you take your macro camera and strobes, Alicia Hermosillo PhD will be diving and guiding in the area through the year.

Summer time is the warm water season and right now and until May or the first week of June, it is cold water season.

Alicia is happy to share her expertise while dive guiding in English or Spanish for photographers /experienced divers and small animal fans in some of the popular dive sites of the bay of Banderas.

The Sea Slug Forum - Eastern Pacific Nudibranchs. A guide to the Opisthobranchs from Alaska to Central America
http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=brhermosillo2006
Alicia Hermosillo Nudibranch Photographer Nudi Pixel
YouTube - El mundo microscópico del Mar de Cortés

She is a member of SB with the name "Ali" and email alicia_hg@prodigy.net.mx or gueri25@hotmail.com

Get in touch with her if you would like to see the underwater world of the bay in a totally different way. She can arrange everything for you including steel singles or double 80s and 32% nitrox

Also check out the Puerto Vallarta small animal and nudibranch report in the Dive Travel Mexico forum here at SB for more information on her.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I went on A diving trip Jan 1st 2009 In Puerto Vallarta. I hooked with the dive company laolaocean.com, Alex and Donna were great!! all new and clean gear, boat was set up perfect for diving all my expectations were met 120 percent. I Even asked about returning in April with a small group to see if we could get the boat just for the group and they said sure thing book in advance great people in english and spanish Highly recomended
Steve

I've been diving several times with Alex and Donna at laolaadventures.com. I've never been disappointed. They give personalized service, taking into account the divers' experience and wishes. Of course, they are limited by the sea conditions :). Groups are small, boats nice, food and company is good. Last trips in January 09 and Sept 08, I didn't have any dive < 1+ hours. Alex knows the bay like his back yard -- probably cuz he grew up there. I'm sure you will be very pleased if you use them. I know I'll go with them when I return next time. Enjoy!!!

Make sure you contact Alex at PV Scuba. Everyone at PV Scuba are very professional, very knowledgable of dive sites, they have small groups, excellent boat, and dive the areas that are your skill level, safety first. I dont have much experience so we went to Los Arcos and Mismaloya(nice dive). But later that week they were going for more technical dives. If you want to rent equipment they have like new equipment. My next visit to Puerto Vallarta I will be diving with PV Scuba!!!

A third shout out to PVScuba. Alex is a great guy, really competent, relaxed and knows Bahia de Banderas very well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom