Big Mahalo and Living Aloha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chepar:
Actually, I still drive like I'm living on the mainland, so I guess by general local standards, I'm a rather aggressive driver. But I'm not completely crazy like some of those people that come flying down the highway from the west side . . . and yes, in their jacked up trucks, flashing the shaka sign as they cut you off.

When that happens to me, I usually flash a sign back to them....but it ain't the shaka! :)

And it's not Spock's "Live Long and Proper" sign, either...

catherine96821:
honestly, I love this place, but the drivers are worse than anyplace I have ever seen. No flow, constant confusion and blank looks in traffic.

The thing I love the best is people waving people out to be polite, right into disaster.
The other stunt they pull is, if you signal that you are turning left, a car waiting to pullout will just decide to "go" since you "have to slow down anyway" instead of following right of way rules.QUOTE]

This happened to me on the way to the harbor last night. I was , in fact, on a time line so it was quite annoying. I'm in the right lane of two lanes traveling mauka on Kapahulu. On a side street, someone wants to turn LEFT across our two lanes and the guy in front of me waves him in.

Now, the cars in the other two lanes traveling makai don't have the same idea of aloha. SO the guy sits in front of our two lanes for quite awhile before someone else LETS him in. There was no clear traffic for him to turn, but the guy in front of me was being "nice".

The way I see it, he was being nice to the left-turner and a jerk to the cars behind him.

How about the people that put there hand on the turn signal but wont turn it on untill they start turning? I HATE that. We can see your turning now what we need to know is that your going to turn in advance!!!!

No kidding, have you seen Catherine drive????:D :wink: :11: Just kidding:eyebrow:

Catherine...please don't think I was saying you can't drive. I didn't realize until after what WC said and then I looked at my post and icon laughing. I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at what you said. I appogize if you felt that.

I'll use my husband as an example (since he doesn't read on here, lol). He is in more movies than I can count as a stunt man but, has always specialized in driving stunts. He'll drive circles around just about anyone in my business. I would trust him with my life in a stunt car. He just jumped the General Lee for another Dukes of Hazzard movie, he'll roll cars and wreck them and burn them if he's on a set but, put that man on the open road and OMG! He drives like my Dad did when he was alive....which had me covering my eyes, lol.

No. ya'll want to know who the biggest road maniac I have ever ridden with in the last ten years? let me start some gossip. Okay, he is in LA. A Mod. Drives VERY fast and aggressive. Think hyperactive, brilliant and verbose. Anybody want to take a guess?

Hmmm...glad I am still alive.

Let me tell you about the biggest nervous nelly I've had the pleasure of driving about Los Angeles in the last ten years.

Let me start some gossip - former resident who's lost all perspective of what driving in evening traffic in the big city is all about, think hot, smart, funny, not so verbose, appreciates fine dining and excellent conversation. Draws conclusions about ones driving abilities based on roughly 15 minutes of actual drive time.
Anybody want to take a guess?

:D

---
Ken

catherine96821:
No. ya'll want to know who the biggest road maniac I have ever ridden with in the last ten years? let me start some gossip. Okay, he is in LA. A Mod. Drives VERY fast and aggressive. Think hyperactive, brilliant and verbose. Anybody want to take a guess?

Hmmm...glad I am still alive.

Hmmm....well, if it's a celebrity....David Hasseloff? lol He's another one that will scare you.

calscubagirl:
Hmmm....well, if it's a celebrity....David Hasseloff? lol He's another one that will scare you.

You mean "The Hoff" is a maniac driver? Does that mean he actually drove KITT and did his own stunts? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom