Buying First Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When buying diving equipment, I find that somethings are ok to buy used. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of buying regulators used. To me, your reg is your life. Why put that to chance just to save a little bit of money?

What I see people have a lot here:

Apeks , all kinds but DS4/XTX50 would have a good price/quality ratio
SP MK17/G250V - no S600!!! - it's a warm water second stage
Zeagles - FH, DSV with Z or ZX second stage

I have Zeagle and Apeks, my friend dives MK17 - G250V

Atomics would cost you 50cad more only for the crystolube when servicing - makes no sense to buy for cold water.

Check what local tech comunity dives - they usually have a good understanding of the requirements.

When buying diving equipment, I find that somethings are ok to buy used. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of buying regulators used. To me, your reg is your life. Why put that to chance just to save a little bit of money?

The idea that your regulator is "your life" is a very misguided approach to diving. Do you really think you'll die if your regulator fails? If so, you're missing the basic concepts of safe diving.

You also have ZERO evidence that used regulators are more likely to cause death or injury than new ones. In fact, regulators are designed to be completely rebuilt, and there is no functional difference between a new reg and a properly serviced one. But the old "isn't your life worth it" line is sure catchy, isn't it?

I just want to say I love my Apex XTX 200! :banana:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom