Buying used Apeks TX100 & TX40 backup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bongabonga

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

Recently I purchased Apeks TX100 & TX40 primary and backup regs. So far I don't have any problems with using them. But I find out that this is really "old" regs, and Apeks discontinued their production. Do I have to worry about the availability of the spare parts?

As Agility said the 1st stage is identical to the FST made today.
The 2nd stage is also practically the same..........smaller plastic case but same air barrel as the XTX.
.......it uses the same service kit as todays Apeks regs.

Hi guys,

Recently I purchased Apeks TX100 & TX40 primary and backup regs. So far I don't have any problems with using them. But I find out that this is really "old" regs, and Apeks discontinued their production. Do I have to worry about the availability of the spare parts?

As others have posted, you will have no problems re service kits.

I second what Tortuga68 said. except.

I have a TX-100 and it does have the annoying 1/2 inch port for the primary (the TX-100). The 1/2 inch hose can be had but it is not a standard part most dive shops carry. So you may want to invest in either a replacement hose or an adapter before you need to replace the hose. This company is out of the UK and sells parts if you can't find them locally: scubaspares

I second what Tortuga68 said. except.

I have a TX-100 and it does have the annoying 1/2 inch port for the primary (the TX-100). The 1/2 inch hose can be had but it is not a standard part most dive shops carry. So you may want to invest in either a replacement hose or an adapter before you need to replace the hose. This company is out of the UK and sells parts if you can't find them locally: scubaspares

Hi guys,

Thank you for all helpful responses. I never noticed that the primary has different port size.
AMS thanks for the link, I read the manuals for the TX-100 2nd stage & FST 1st stage, and noticed the 1/2" port you mentioned.
Is this 1/2" port is made specially to accomodate TX-100?
Is the 1/2" connection only on the 2nd stage, or there is also 1/2" port in the first stage?
In case of "yes" for the question above, if I plan to change the hose, should I purchase two piece 1/2"-3/8" adaptor (to be installed in 1st stage and 2nd stage", or just 1 adapter (to install in the 2nd stage)?

I have a TX-100 which I haven't used in a while. From what I remember, the 1/2 port is only on the first stage so you only need an adapter for the first stage to use a standard hose. The 1/2" port I believe was used on all older Apeks regulators except for maybe the DS4. So it is not unique to the TX-100. The newer versions no longer have this port. When the change was made I am not sure. It is a great regulator, you will enjoy it.

It was also used in older DS4s. Aqualung also used to use the 1/2" port on their Cousteau 1st stages back in the 90s, I'm sure there were others. You can also get the adaptor from DGX. Good luck.

HP, LP & BC Hose Adapters and Fittings - Dive Gear Express

It's at the top of the page $1.75

---------- Post added October 10th, 2013 at 08:53 PM ----------

The 1/2" port is on the first stage only.

The newer versions no longer have this port. When the change was made I am not sure

When they replaced the ATX series (which followed the TX series) with the current XTX series, they got rid of the pointless 1/2" port.

Depending on the fisrt stage/hose routing, another option could be to plug it and use one of the other LP ports. This works well with turret regs like the DST, but not so much with FSR/FST etc.

Back
Top Bottom