choice of dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a made to measure X-Mission and I love the suit.

But it takes a dealer login to launch the "Made to Measure" tool. How did you get around that?

I own a SANTI eMotion. Zipper went at 40 dives and was replaced under warranty with a YKK. I'm now at about 100 dives and I seem to have leaking seams in the crotch area and neither the dealer or the distributor will respond to my inquiries. The last correspondence with the Halcyon guy was (and I paraphrase) basically that I should expect it to leak and they're easy to patch.

On the upside, it fits well, and is very comfortable.

I also own a Viking Protec. It's heavy and a bit stiff, but 100% dry. I've been diving these for years.

Both of these suits are expensive.

My wife has a new Bare TecDri. She only has about 50 dives on it, and seems to be getting wet here and there. We're getting serious about dealing with this this weekend.

Also, regarding DUI, they are readily available here in Ontario. Many of my friends... most in fact... dive DUIs. Most get wet most of the time. Some don't. Many own two suits, since one of them is away being repaired most of the time.

If I was buying a suit today, I'd get a Bare. They're inexpensive and at least as well made as the DUI and SANTI suits, although a more basic suit. And the warranty and customer service in Canada is outstanding.

I have come to believe there there is not a good drysuit out there. They should all be called Damp Suits.

Last edited:
But it takes a dealer login to launch the "Made to Measure" tool. How did you get around that?
I'm not a dealer, but I used a dealer login...
There was a paper version of the tool as well as a few YouTube videos if you just want to see what measurements are taken.

If I was buying a suit today, I'd get a Bare. They're inexpensive and at least as well made as the DUI and SANTI suits, although a more basic suit. And the warranty and customer service in Canada is outstanding.
I wouldn't call the X-Mission basic. I believe it has all of the bells and whistles a Santi or DUI Signature Series suit has. I just got my X-Mission this spring, but have done several good dives in it (Lake Superior and Lake Michigan) and I'm very impressed with it.

What makes you say that? My wife has a Whites and the quality looks great dived it for 2 years, and it was a very reasonable price. But I always interested to understand other opinions.

just compare another dry you will easily see the difference

aqualung fusion bullet vs hollis dx300 vs ursuit one endurance

aqualung fusion one vs usia Aqua Deluxe vs usa techniflex

I wouldn't call the X-Mission basic. I believe it has all of the bells and whistles a Santi or DUI Signature Series suit has. I just got my X-Mission this spring, but have done several good dives in it (Lake Superior and Lake Michigan) and I'm very impressed with it.

have you tried the bare hdc expedition?

Don't know what sort of diving you're doing, but both seem to be quite fancy. Drysuit performance is more about maintenance than initial quality; no use having bulletproof material and seams if you let the seals rot out (no perfume!). If you have the shoulder mobility to escape yourself, a rear entry will fit better. An crotch zipper is an option I've never regretted on those well-hydrated surface intervals. Bare's service is good but slow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom