cold girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Im a chick who is always cold so i was told to buy weezle underwear for my dry suit so i did and i still get so cold. I currently wear footed sleeper pajamas under my underwear but i still get so cold fast. Does anyone have any advise to help keep warm until i can get new underwear? Thanks.

I do not know if it is possible to do this but I wouls try Hot Hand Packs wraped in a cloth, ziplock baggie and put in your dry suite. Just a thought

Aloha! I've never been diving in a drysuit but have been crazy enough to jump in on a dive or two in a wetsuit while my buddy wore a drysuit. He wore semi-tight fitting fleece undergarments- you should be able to get a set at any outdoor sport store, season permitting. Hope it helps!

Did you get the Weezle Extreme +. It's what I use although I too get cold occassionally. I know I read the literature that came with the Weezles and it said it worked best when in direct contact with skin. So, I no longer wear my poly long johns and shirt underneath. But, that may just be that the wicking works best when in contact with one's skin.

I also saw a Weezles vest. Perhaps that can be worn in addition to the full suit.

Another thing is to make sure you are warm before and between dives. Even if that means getting out of the drysuit and into warm clothing, coat, hat and gloves.

Other than that, and I'm sure to get flamed, add a couple pounds to your weight belt so you can add more warm air to the suit. Or switch to an independent argon tank just for the drysuit.

Paula

Ok, you are diving a dry suit, what about your hood?
Have you considered a dry hood?

We lose heat fastest from our heads so it is very important to get the best head protection available to suit your needs.

Old sourdough saying, "If your feet are cold, put on your hat."

bubblemaker20:
Im a chick who is always cold so i was told to buy weezle underwear for my dry suit so i did and i still get so cold. I currently wear footed sleeper pajamas under my underwear but i still get so cold fast. Does anyone have any advise to help keep warm until i can get new underwear? Thanks.
There are a few tricks.

Ditch the pajamas and get some wool underwear until your undergarment shows up. Polypropylene or silk under the wool works very well. You will probably wear the poly or silk under the undergarment when it arrives anyway.

Change everything before you put the drysuit on so you start with dry clothes inside the drysuit.

Wear wool socks with polypropylene or silk liners.

Get the best hood you can find. My Henderson 7mm with the gold lining is great stuff. A dry hood would be warmer.

Preload your gloves with warm water or wear dry gloves.

Boogie711:
Given what I know, it may very well be that you're normal, and your regular dive buddy is a sub-human freak of nature who just doesn't GET cold. :)

I think you are right. I have never seen that guy get cold not even in december. I works to my advantage though cause i get to wear all his sweaters after the dive.

Thanks to everyone for the tips i will try them this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom